Home

Interesting Article at GameSpot regarding ESPN Sales

This is a discussion on Interesting Article at GameSpot regarding ESPN Sales within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 01:43 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Interesting Article at GameSpot regarding ESPN Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
well, they're "making" WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY more than espn,lol
How many dollars are in a WAYYYYYYYY lolouder? When you can back up your rhetoric with some facts, maybe we can have an intellectual discussion about this issue. Until then, it will be impossible for me to rationalize with irrational statements.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:46 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 18

ok dude

if madden 2004 sells over 3 million copies

and 2k4 sells less than a million

WHO IS MAKING MONEY
Old 08-19-2004, 01:51 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
ok dude

WHO IS MAKING MONEY
But the question isn't who's making money. It's how much did Madden sell last year. If you can't answer that, then don't bother making statements lilke those that have no reasoning or hard numbers.

Madden 2004 was a record-seller. "Where's your proof?" Um, right....hey look! It's Aurora Borealis!

*runs away*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 01:57 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
ok dude

WHO IS MAKING MONEY
Dude, you still don't seem to get it. Let me try to dumb it down for you. By your logic, since Delta airlines sells twice as many plane tickets as AirTran, that Delta is making more money. Well, the fact is Delta is about to go bankrupt while AirTran is turing a profit. You are only focusing on the sales/revenue side of the equation. Until you know their expenses, you do not and cannot know how much money EA or VC is making. Can you understand this? If not, maybe you should spend some of the time that it took to post over 7,000 messages and get educated.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #77
Banned

ok...i will explain my reasoning in a well thought out post...jimme gimme like an hour...i gotta go buy something to eat...trust me...the wait will be worth it

be back by 3 pm est
Old 08-19-2004, 02:05 PM   #78
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I dont need to play Madden 2005 for weeks and weeks before I make my decision. I've played Madden 93-2004, to me, nothing has drastically changed in the last 3 years.
To make a statment that nothing has drastically changed is absurd. Pop in the one from three years ago and compare 2005.

Quote:
And to clarify, I played Madden 05 for a weekend. I played 4 games and watched 2 games. That may not be enough for your standards but I've seen all I wanted to see in just those 6 games. Did I pass judgment somewhere in any of my post about Madden. Did I say it sucked, did I say it was great?
No you just tried to get everyone else to "see the light"...sarcasm...after 4 games.

Quote:
My beef with Madden(and EA) is that its not worth the money.No, I simply said EA is jiving yall.
And VC, Sega, CD labels, McDonalds, automobile dealers, movie studios, computer manufactuers, and every other company that is trying to make money is not? Welcome to the real world, glad to see you came out from under a rock. Of course if you can't accept modern day society for what it is and how it functions you can always live with the Amish.

As for the fanboy thing, It's like the ESPN coverboy T.O. says "If it looks like a rat and it smells like a rat..." I define a fanboy as someone who is biased (against a game or company) and unwilling to make a fair and honest appraisal, there are plenty of people here who love ESPN and hate Madden, I don't consider them fanboys because most of them have given both games a fair shake. For me ESPN is not worth $20 bucks cause of the bugs, does that mean I am going to be all pissed at VC/Sega next year and not get the game because I think the company screwed me over this year. No, I will buy it next year and give it a fair assessment.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:09 PM   #79
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassiladelph
Madden 2004 was a record-seller. "Where's your proof?" Um, right....hey look! It's Aurora Borealis!

*runs away*
Thanks for that comment, you almost made me wet myself I laughed so hard.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:12 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
To make a statment that nothing has drastically changed is absurd. Pop in the one from three years ago and compare 2005.

No you just tried to get everyone else to "see the light"...sarcasm...after 4 games.

And VC, Sega, CD labels, McDonalds, automobile dealers, movie studios, computer manufactuers, and every other company that is trying to make money is not? Welcome to the real world, glad to see you came out from under a rock. Of course if you can't accept modern day society for what it is and how it functions you can always live with the Amish.

As for the fanboy thing, It's like the ESPN coverboy T.O. says "If it looks like a rat and it smells like a rat..." I define a fanboy as someone who is biased (against a game or company) and unwilling to make a fair and honest appraisal, there are plenty of people here who love ESPN and hate Madden, I don't consider them fanboys because most of them have given both games a fair shake. For me ESPN is not worth $20 bucks cause of the bugs, does that mean I am going to be all pissed at VC/Sega next year and not get the game because I think the company screwed me over this year. No, I will buy it next year and give it a fair assessment.

why keep buying things for fair assessments...cause if you dont like the product...the organization still has your money

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »