Home

Disappointing INT animations...

This is a discussion on Disappointing INT animations... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 07:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Disappointing INT animations...

MAn, I thought EAs were bad. I love this game, but I am tired, oh so tired, of DBs falling backwards or falling down when the ball is 6 ft over their head.

/rant/

ibnazimodlock
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 08:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: Disappointing INT animations...

so why would you want the correct animation to be placed in the right position all the time...there would be 20 picks a piece...its called "margin for error"...look it up
Old 08-17-2004, 08:25 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

For every bad anomation there are about 10 great ones. This game is chock full of animations, of course you're going to get one that doesn't match once in a while. For example, as much as I like defense in Madden, there are only like 3 different pick animations I've seen in like 15+ games I've played. This really detracts from the "realism" aspect of the game.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:54 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

There are only a couple animations that really annoy me.....most of them are fantastic

1 is the way a reciever gets tackled from behind when caught by a pursuing defensemen....it almost always stops his momentum abrubtly and has him fall in the opposite direction he is running which looks very awkward. It also can happen alot when a DB going up for the ball collides with a reciever and forces him to fall forward against his momentum in a different direction.

However hopefully these should be easy to iron out next year by adding more forward falling continous momentum that flows with the contact better like they implemented in most of their other great animations.

The other animations that have bothered me for the last several years of this franchise have been the directional change transistions for player movement....they still seem to 8-way directional. either up down left right or the diagonals but no smooth transistional flow inbetween.....this is most evident when you see a CPU running back diagonally running toward the sidelines then changing his directional movement to all of a sudden run parallel to the sidelines with no smooth transistional flow between these change of directions.

I know to many these may seem like overanalytical observations but it really gives the overall feel of the game that herky jerk feeling or stiffness that many like to describe. Especially in comparison to the way Madden and NCAA seem to have more fluid and smoother player movement.

I have grown used to it in ESPN over the years and it really doesnt detract my fun from this wonderful game but I certainly would enjoy it more if they smoothed out these things going forward
Old 08-17-2004, 09:58 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 18

the movement you want is the 32 directional movement, but VC will never implement this...due to you needing momentum physics as tight as madden's, which vc is not going for...and you'd also get the steering of the analog stick to turn corners...i'll bet my geico car insurance VC doesnt want this either
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »