Home

News Flash (about cpu trading)

This is a discussion on News Flash (about cpu trading) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 02:29 PM   #25
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: News Flash (about cpu trading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
HELLO, you said in your post "no trades yet"! How do you expect there to be trades you controlling all the teams, there won't be no trades cause of the fact your controlling all teams......DUH......lol :y4:

There are trades but i decide who and when geez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 09:11 PM   #26
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

I could not get around the crazy trade logic either...

Weekly prep on, preason off,vice versa...still crazy trades.

The craziest one was Jake Delhomme traded to Jacksonville for some
no-name Linebacker. And this was the week before I was to play the
the Panthers! I tried to play through it (but both teams were undefeated and it was supposed to be a big showdown), but backup Rodney Peete threw an interception on the first play of the game and then on their next possetion, he fumbled on a CB blitz (and I NEVER get the CB blitz to work) and we return it for a touchdown. So its 13-0 and as I line up for the extra point, Panthers challenge that Peete's arm was moving forward. Well, they lose the challenge and a timeout. So all of a sudden, I feel like I'm beating up on a little kid or something and it's suddenly NOT fun b/c I know that stuff would not have happned if not for the CrAzY TrADeS!!
Old 08-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #27
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
Dont know if this was mentioned, What im doing is controlling all teams and trades , simming only the games that i want..while playing for dallas so as we play through the season, keeping up with all the trades and transactions ( for example) Antonio Freeman on Miami.. i can do this.. ofcourse i have pre season turned off and the worthless prep mode.. this is working.. no trades yet! give it a shot.. by the way i have the best sliders! computer actually runs the ball. I avg about 3.4 yds a carry 18-20 ..realistic stats!
what sliders do you use
Old 08-27-2004, 08:02 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

They should have an option where they show you each trade that is about to be made and you could veto or let it pass
Old 08-27-2004, 09:29 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 10

I have 2 phrazes for people who think all the trades in 2k5 are weird.

"Salary cap"
"Free Agency"

With all that happened in the pass 3 years with salary caps and free agency how can people be upset about the CPU trading in 2k5. Players want to be traded to other teams all the time. Look at coverguy T.O. Teams also don't want to pay some of these salaries some players ask for and theres a big list of those too. Its gonna happen wether you like it or not. I guess some of you forgot about the Portis for Bailey trade. Bailey wanted out of Washington and Denver wasn't about to pay Portis what he wanted seeing how runningbacks are a dime a dozen in Denver.

You can't perdict unperdictability.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:48 AM   #30
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
With all that happened in the pass 3 years with salary caps and free agency how can people be upset about the CPU trading in 2k5. Players want to be traded to other teams all the time. Look at coverguy T.O. Teams also don't want to pay some of these salaries some players ask for and theres a big list of those too. Its gonna happen wether you like it or not.
For me it's not really about which players are being traded (although thats an issue to)...mainly the type of trades and when the trades happen. You RARELY if ever see any trades during the regular season in the nfl...especially blockbuster trades. You also rarely see any trades that don't include draft pick compensation. However, you see this in the game and it isn't at all realistic when compared to real life trading trends of the nfl. Thats the main problem with the game. And its not just trades but transactions logic in general that is obviously flawed and must be addressed next yr along with several other glaring issues with nfl2k5's Franchise Mode.

Last edited by Kanobi; 08-27-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:59 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I could not get around the crazy trade logic either...

Weekly prep on, preason off,vice versa...still crazy trades.

The craziest one was Jake Delhomme traded to Jacksonville for some
no-name Linebacker. And this was the week before I was to play the
the Panthers! I tried to play through it (but both teams were undefeated and it was supposed to be a big showdown), but backup Rodney Peete threw an interception on the first play of the game and then on their next possetion, he fumbled on a CB blitz (and I NEVER get the CB blitz to work) and we return it for a touchdown. So its 13-0 and as I line up for the extra point, Panthers challenge that Peete's arm was moving forward. Well, they lose the challenge and a timeout. So all of a sudden, I feel like I'm beating up on a little kid or something and it's suddenly NOT fun b/c I know that stuff would not have happned if not for the CrAzY TrADeS!!
Delhomme seems to come up a lot -- he was traded in my Bears franchise for Hugh Douglas. Wackiest part -- Delhomme was only rated 1 point ahead of Leftwich, and Leftwich was off to a blazing start and led the league in QB Rating, yet of course was benched after the trade.

I don't care whether Sega intended it or not, but that's plain stupid either way. I can live with big trades as long as there is some rhyme or reason to what the CPU is doing (such as in ESPN Baseball). The problem is the CPU makes trades and cuts that make no sense, and consequently seriously undermine their own teams, which does affect my enjoyment of the game. Turning off preseason and weekly prep does reduce the trades, but the trades still occur and at least half the time they are jaw-droppingly insane.

I love ESPN on the field and will play it head-to-head, but for franchise mode I have been pushed back to Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2004, 01:25 PM   #32
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmUrFiNaToR
They should have an option where they show you each trade that is about to be made and you could veto or let it pass
I was thinking the exact same thing Smurfinator. Call it "Commish' Mode". Have it as something you can turn on/off in the franchise options. With it on you would get notification via commish's e-mail letting you know when any team would be trying to perform a transaction (trade, waive, etc.). A simple Do you approve of this transaction? Y/N could accompany the e-mail.

Of course fixing the logic would be another option. I have no idea how easy/hard this is to do. Should the cpu put "untradeable" labels on certain players on a team? Jake should not be traded for a DE since they already have a darn good line already. Now if they traded Jake and a 1st for a QB with a rating 5-10 points higher that would atleast make more sense because they are upgrading that QB position(not meaning to infuriate Panther fans).

Trades should take place to either upgrade at certain positions of need or provide salary cap relief. The question is how do you provide the criteria for the cpu to differentiate this?

In all fairness there are some things I've seen in the NFL that I wouldn't expect to happen

Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams retiring rather abruptly
Emmit Smith in something other than a Cowboys uniform
Marcus Allen, Tim Brown not Raiders their entire careers
Montana and Rice not finishing as Niners
Faulk traded by the Colts

I definetly feel the logic should be better, but it seems hard to maintain this logic and still have the unpredictable happen. Or is it easier than I think? I don't know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »