Home

Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

This is a discussion on Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 05:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

I played 9 games today and 7 were total cheesers. I'm not playing anyone anymore who uses scrambling QB teams and display no headset mic - it's always a dead giveaway. And I beat most of them after using the Prevent method to contain Carter, McNair, etc. But several still pulled more bullsh!t out of their asses to win.

The last motherf*cker I played tonight used the DE cheat to power up and swim move past my lineman on every single play. Nothing worked. Not hot-routing a RB to block, not QB Evade, not scrambling, nothing. On every play, he came directly through the line at the snap of the ball. On shotgun plays, he reached me at the same time the snap did!

I'm f*cking sick of this. ESPN is totally f*cked for online play this year. Without a patch, it is completely worthless and has robbed me of all the joy I get from XBL. I don't care what anyone says, last year's game did NOT have anywhere near these issues with online play. The breaking tackle thing is nothing compared to the QB cheese and DE cheats in 2K5.

I'm just about finished with this game...

Can ANYONE provide a way to stop the DE Cheat cheese?

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 05:55 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

I've been playing online football since 2k1 on the dreamcast and it's the same thing every single year. Playing random people sucks. There's no way around it. ESPN and EA both have systems (the voting and the ea rep) but they take so long to build up that they are pretty useless.

The only thing you can do is find sites like this one and try to organize people to play together. When 2k1 came out I was a part of a site that hosted some leagues and then made a ranking system. The prevalent thing that everyone was in agreement about is that football online should be played in a simulation style. 4 years and many URLs later we have the same community intact (plus addons over the years) and none of us ever have to rely on hopping on optimatch and hoping for the best. Hell, the 100 person friendslist limit pisses us off because we can't fit them all on. If you're interested you can check us out at www.ThePRs.com We still have a ranking system, that is pay to play (and a bit expensive...) but i'm not even trying to sell you on that. Just hang out and get some games in with us. It's a great time.

But I didn't mean to come in here just to advertise for my site. OS has the most active sports gaming forums around. I just wish there was a little more focus on getting you guys all together when you play online. Every once in a while on ncaa or madden i'll see an OS lobby up... but with the amount of people here it should really be through the roof. I think someone (maybe you!) needs to spearhead a campaign to get everyone playing together... thus getting rid of the need of any sim ballers that come here ever having to play another random person again.

But, if you don't like either of those ideas, my first suggestion would be to take atleast a week off after every ranking swipe that sega does. The reset rankings really calls out all the cheesers trying to get on top. After a week or so play people who have lost a decent number of games without having a high DNF %. That's where you will have the best luck finding a good game.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel your frustrations. I play with the Eagles and I do not abuse the QB scramble, but most of who I play do abuse it no matter what team they use. I call pro form and if I see someone switch to a de and move him away I just hot route block both backs and throw a quick slant as soon as the ball is hiked. Burns them every time to the point they got out of that mess. When I 1st started playing this guy that did that , he sacked me 13 times every game. Now he cant get to me.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:42 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It's actually good to play people like that as frustrating as it is. How do you think EA began to fix their game? Playing people like that only helps in getting certain things fixed IMO. It's an exercise in pain, but it really helps brings out alot of things that need to be addressed.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:56 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 4

kwityerbitchin man

i mean, its not that hard - a million people have said it - dont play random folks onlline - most of these ppl are 'cheesers' - and in my opinion it shouldnt matter how you play the game, if it does and it bothers you that ppl are using so called 'cheese' then join a league, play friends only or dont play online at all ....if people want to play like that, then let them - they dont care about anything but winning and you just want to have a 'realistic' experience which is not even close to what they want - they couldnt care less......so go ahead keep playing the randoms and keep getting ppl who will go for it on 4th and 1... just kwityerbitchin
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 09:13 AM   #6
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Lightbulb Re: Extra Cheese ruining online play: DE Cheat

Someone I played against last night was using the Colts and doing something like Hostile_17 explained with Dwight Freeney. He lined Freeney outside like 3-5 yards outside the edge -- almost in the slot area. Then at the snap of the ball he charged up, did a single move and got by my tackles (Jeff Backus & Stockar McDougle) every time he was one-on-one with them. Here was what I did to counter that.

On early downs I ran right at where Freeney was supposed to be, and kept doing it until he stopped moving Freeney out of position. I mostly ran plays out of the I formation and formations out of the 2-TE sets like Ace, Tight Triple, Flip Tight Triple and Pair Slot formations.

On passing situations, I began to call more plays coming out of formations with 2-TE sets. I sent the blocking TE over to help out the tackle trying to block Freeney. If the blocking TE was assigned to run a pass pattern, I would keep him in to block and motion him over to line up at or near Freeney's position if necessary. Don't rule out gashing him with the run too if you're in 3rd & medium (4-6 yards) situations as well. Doing these things slowed down his pass rush dramatically to the point where he wasn't controlling or moving Freeney around that much. He also began to start using the DE lined up on the other side (forget the player's name) when he knew I was running the ball down his throat.

Countering the DT issue is a lot more difficult to deal with, however. I'm still working on solving that.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 08-19-2004 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:23 AM   #7
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza

Countering the DT issue is a lot more difficult to deal with, however. I'm still working on solving that.

Kruza
Call roll outs.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-19-2004, 09:37 AM   #8
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

yes this game is becoming very unjoyable online when you play cheesers.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »