Home

Juke stick question

This is a discussion on Juke stick question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 06:28 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Juke stick question

I just figured out how it works last week. if you hve the game for ps2 its kinda like a combination thing. for example:If you move the stick left then right it will perform a move. but if you move it right, then left it'll do another move.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:30 PM   #10
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Using the right stick works best for me; I have left guys standing using some of those moves. I haven't used the L R triggers in weeks.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Old 08-19-2004, 09:55 PM   #11
*n H**t*s..R*b**ld*ng..

SLAYER's Arena

OVR: 10

The right stick jukes are lethal. I suggest every ESPN player, especially online combatants, to master how to use it. Trust me, I didn't use it until three days ago, and it's blown the running game (back) open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 11:26 PM   #12
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER
The right stick jukes are lethal. I suggest every ESPN player, especially online combatants, to master how to use it. Trust me, I didn't use it until three days ago, and it's blown the running game (back) open.
So is thats why they call you SLAYER hmmm, must be deadly and lethal too, oooh sounds painful but hey their the enemy right, I'm just too old school these days to be that lethal and as bad as I would love a Barry Sander juke it just ain't gonna happen kid not with a stick for me, but I do practice, just give me a good right,left trigger and its "ON" kid gameover!!! Nah just kiddin', I'm no master of the stick but let me get my "fingers" on those triggers and I hold my own. The stick is cool though but my fingers are "always" on the trigger.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-19-2004, 11:44 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 17
Thumbs up Re: Juke stick question

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER
same here. you must be willing to learn the moves with the juke stick. this is what i've done.

1. go in to practice mode, place ball on the 50. select a really good defensive to scrimage against.
2. hit the juke stick multiple times in different directions (special moves mode). learn what it does.
3. snap the ball. before you receive the ball, look ahead of your runner to see what is ahead of you. you MUST hit the stick BEFORE the contact happens.
4. try not to use the speed burst. speed burst is only effective in the open field while you're ahead of the defender.

you must be willing to learn this. the same way you learned how to type w\o looking at the key board...
Old 08-20-2004, 12:01 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
same here. you must be willing to learn the moves with the juke stick. this is what i've done.

1. go in to practice mode, place ball on the 50. select a really good defensive to scrimage against.
2. hit the juke stick multiple times in different directions (special moves mode). learn what it does.
3. snap the ball. before you receive the ball, look ahead of your runner to see what is ahead of you. you MUST hit the stick BEFORE the contact happens.
4. try not to use the speed burst. speed burst is only effective in the open field while you're ahead of the defender.

you must be willing to learn this. the same way you learned how to type w\o looking at the key board...
I am going to try that. I know (or at least I have been told) that the juke stick is a must on Kick / Punt returns.
Old 08-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #15
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

You know I almost forgot we're talkin' 2k5 here (doh) I was thinkin' Madden but anyway I see the stick moves for ESPN are pretty effective.

Holla Back ya'll
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 12:38 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twism23
stiffarmleft,

I got a question for you. Say Im running the ball wide right. I get past the first wave of tacklers and I'm in the open field heading towards the sideline and there are tacklers coming from the left side of the field. What would you do in this situation?

I usually try a stutter step move by pressing up on the stick or a stop move by pressing down but it seems like they aren't fooled by my moves and take me out. Is there some type of correlation with the juke stick and where you are moving the L-analog? Or is it more of how far you are away from defender?
In that circumstance I will usually slightly move the stick from side to side performing a smaller juke so the animation does not take me out of bounds. The cool thing is that if another defender hits you while juking you will spin off of him. The stick is pressure sensitve so it's very intuitive, depending on how hard or soft I move the stick determines how much juke I give the defender.

To me the right stick juke is the most underated aspect of the run game, I have yet to master it but I can imagine how effective someone would be that can string these moves together like a fighting game combo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »