Home

Finally!!

This is a discussion on Finally!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 04:12 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Finally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
I just mentioned that I finally blocked an extra point, and it turned out to be the game-deciding play. I haven't blocked a kick in any game in YEARS! I used the leftmost guy in the field goal block formation (Chris Cash if you're the Lions) and took as direct an angle as possible at the holder (almost nicking the outside left shoulder pad of the left-most blocker), and did not speed burst at all - I held down "A" and charged up, then jumped ("Y" button) right in front of the holder. The worst part? Dan and Peter didn't even mention that I just BLOCKED a DAMN PAT!!!!! I want some Dap, fellas!
Me too! I used JAson Webster on the Falcons who was on the far right of the screen. I mean, the BOX SCORE didn't even indicate a blocked PAT! Oh well...
Old 08-20-2004, 09:09 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeaa i think that blocking a kick is actually easier than a punt.
I have only blocked a punt once, with Erik Coleman, Jets rookie S(left side rush), but i have blocked 3 FGs. 2 of them were PATs, both with Rashad Bauman, and i blocked a FG with Ray Mickens. Once, with the PAT, i blocked it and a lineman caught it and went 40 yards. I was laughing cause he was fat and it is funny to see him run, but i was sad cause i could have gotten a TD if a faster person caught it, and then i couldve gotten it back for maybe another score and won the game, but that didnt happen.
I used to block kicks in Madden on PSX when they had to kick it low because they were far out, and i just controlled a lineman and lept up and sometimes i would nick it for the block.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:43 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I was playing my freind online the other day, I blocked his FG attempt, caught it mid-air and ran it back 76 yds for a TD! That's the first time I've ever seen that in a football videogame before! Needless to say, my freind was pissed, hah!

Last edited by poweredbyevil; 08-21-2004 at 08:46 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »