Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . . within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2004, 04:29 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by arseniotall
Its only a game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If only people cared this much about biased journalism when it comes to real issues(fox news) we wouldnt be in such deep @#!@ as a country. ITS ONLY A GAME!
or cared as much to actually get out and vote
Old 08-22-2004, 04:38 PM   #18
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

What were you expecting from TheManRoom? Intelligent postmodern criticism? Something like The New York Times Review Of Books, but with videogames?

You gotta realize - thinking up witty putdowns is what most reviewers do. It's who can skewer best that gets the most readers.
Old 08-22-2004, 04:54 PM   #19
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
What were you expecting from TheManRoom? Intelligent postmodern criticism? Something like The New York Times Review Of Books, but with videogames?

You gotta realize - thinking up witty putdowns is what most reviewers do. It's who can skewer best that gets the most readers.
Good point there, I was only commenting from a point of view in a positive and mature reply to the original posters presentation, not everyone reads and passively accepts such propaganda and some may find it illresponsible to call or insinuate with that "Whore" comment.

I'm sure that a lot of the members of this site are smarter then that but being responsible is everyones responsibility too, and those comments can be taken in the wrong context by members not mature enough to understand, its almost like politics mud slinging and all.

I bear no ill fellings towards anyone but to accept being referenced to as a "Whore" or the activitys of one is about as low as you can go.

Holla Bach ya'll
Old 08-22-2004, 04:55 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen

I don't actually consider "whore their game out" witty. But since there is "no such thing as bad press," statements like this do cause controversy and discussion - which is exactly what the publishers of TheManRoom want . . .

Ohio State Buckeyes
Kansas City Chiefs
Los Angeles Lakers
Cincinnati Reds

"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice." - Ted Knight (Judge Smails) in Caddyshack.
Old 08-22-2004, 09:25 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
I don't care what your point was....I read and understood.

IT'S STILL JUST A VIDEO GAME. Opinions about the game don't mean a damn thing and for people to get sensitive and womanish over someone else's opinion over a game is way beyiond me.

Nobody was shot over a game. I know exactly what you are talking about and nobody was shot over a vidoegame.

Maybe not shot, but beat to death over an Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 10:35 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcquillian
This TheManRoom review is kind of harsh . . .

"What else do I need to say? The king has returned! EA once again has taken a great game and pushed it a few more steps forward. The gameplay is superior, the franchise mode is superior, the Live interface is superior. Madden NFL 2005 isn't just one of the best sports games ever, it's one of the best video games ever. You may think you have more football choices this year, but you really don't. Sure you can buy two copies of this year's competitor for the cost of one Madden, but what does it tell you when the competition is the one that had to whore their game out for $20 just to get people to play it. Buy John Madden NFL Football 2005, buy it now, play for the next year and then buy the 2006 edition when it comes out at the end of next summer. And so the circle of life continues..."

Are these guys in bed with Madden? I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but the "whore their game out" statement is kind of a low blow . . . So, an aggressive marketing practice by Sega equates to whoring? Pathetic . . .
These guys know nothing about videogames nor sports videogames...its just a bunch of jibberish.
Old 08-22-2004, 11:49 PM   #23
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoracioJones

Ok, so nobody was shot OR beaten to death over a videogame.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/20...574220-ap.html

The media used the Xbox to get readers. Obviously nobody was killed over an Xbox.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:00 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs up Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

Please check out my review in the Madden section of OS.

Titled "Detailed Analysis of the "Games" - Madden 2005 versus ESPN 2K5.

I think it is fair and balanced.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »