Home

ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . . within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: ESPN NFL 2K5 Bashing . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Okay... IF you're saying that you think the Love Madden/bash ESPN review stinks, then I'm sorry and I apologize. Is that what you're saying, though?

Actually, never mind. I’ll go back and decipher all that myself.

Alright i think i disrespectred you in my last post i quoted from you. For that i apologize.

I liked the quoted stated by the guy

Case Closed

I didnt mean to offend anyone who felt different i just stated my opinion and got bashed for it. Sorry for following the first amendment
Old 08-23-2004, 02:08 PM   #50
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
When a person is killed only for the reason of getting their game console or videogame jacked, guess what...IT'S STILL NOT OVER THE GAME. Why? It's because the person who did the killing is crazy.

We're done here.
I could care less about people's opinions on games too.

However you are dead wrong about nobody having ever been killed over a videogame. When you consider the amount of time videogames have been around, the number of videogames there are and the number of murders commited since the release of "pong" then it is virtually a statistical certainty that a murder has been commited over a videogame.

Sure these people may be crazy or deranged or whatever but for you to say a murder has never been committed over a videogame is totally false. People kill each other every day over pocket change, you are going to tell me they won't kill over a game?

Admit it, you are wrong.... We're done here.
Old 08-23-2004, 02:55 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplaya2023
I didnt mean to offend anyone who felt different i just stated my opinion and got bashed for it. Sorry for following the first amendment
My fault... I started it. Sorry guy ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #52
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
I could care less about people's opinions on games too.

However you are dead wrong about nobody having ever been killed over a videogame. When you consider the amount of time videogames have been around, the number of videogames there are and the number of murders commited since the release of "pong" then it is virtually a statistical certainty that a murder has been commited over a videogame.

Sure these people may be crazy or deranged or whatever but for you to say a murder has never been committed over a videogame is totally false. People kill each other every day over pocket change, you are going to tell me they won't kill over a game?

Admit it, you are wrong.... We're done here.

Prove it, Doogie. Oops, you can't.

Moving on.
Old 08-23-2004, 03:13 PM   #53
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

I really don't want to see any member bashed at this site and if certain individuals choose to see and believe that such things are not happening then so be it, my point has been well made and can be backed up by factual data and the findings of the ESRB, whom I'm sure we all are aware of just look at the "Rating" on the game box itself.

To help aid one in the choice and type of games released to the public this board checks them and rates them.

They however are not responsible for incidents that happen because of individual acts of violence, thats where common sense and responsibility come in and this issue has even reached the Congress in the form of a committe that looks into the effects on society in general by the youth who play these games.

Please no flaming or bashing on the matter is needed or intented on my part but to be in denial of such acts of violence related to video games in general is in my opinion is like turning your back so you won't see the truth and take a stance.

There are a lot of kids and young people in my area who play these games and are very impressionable at this age, I talk with their parents and they read and hear about these same incidents. These kids and young people in general find themselves so involved with the gameplay and issues related that fights have started and incidents have occured, not all of them make the press but do and are happening.

From the "Parent" concerens to the "Congessional" committies who investigate and "watchdog" these random acts of violence tells me that its time for those of us who have and share these very same concerns to take a stance and get involded in what your child or young person is getting into.

No they do not cause these random acts of violence and the games themselves do not directly cause them either, but do contribute to a certain degree, unfortunatly some mind sets that are not mature or responsible enough to see the difference are in trouble.

I mentor and play games with a lot of these young people and sometimes things do get out of hand and I get involved by explaining that it is only a game and give them explainations and reasons to play fair and play clean.

So that puts me in the minority I guess because it concerns young people who should be told the truth and not just turn my back and say its not my problem.

I would never tell someone to shut up and play the game and would never use the word womonish or any other reference like that, my mother and other members of my life are women and that remark in itself shows a lack of respect and concern.

Start with yourself and respect all gamers including women, my wife did not appreciate your remarks by the way.

Holla Back ya'll
Old 08-23-2004, 05:31 PM   #54
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

"I like the opinion this guy said"

What in the world does that mean.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:00 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Programmed2Kill
Moving on.
People have been killed over donkey kong too. You just think you know better. But you are probably high risk for being offed for doing a cheese QB Scramble move. You'll get yours and we'll be here talking about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 12:48 AM   #56
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Back on topic...

It was just a review...somebody else's opinion of the game. If you guys enjoy the game then play it and have fun. Seriously, Why get so bent out a shape about one review (or whatever that was) that does nothing to hinder your personal enjoyment of the game?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »