Home

What I would like to see from Sega & VC?

This is a discussion on What I would like to see from Sega & VC? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 10:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Lightbulb What I would like to see from Sega & VC?

This is a Great Game just a few things frustrate me One is No QB Spy option and some measures are needed to minimize the rampant cheating online; like the pausing and switching sides in unranked game where the opponnents takes your timeouts so cheese its maddening. Hopefully that does not happen in ranked games I wouldn't no because I do not play them. As far as the DB Ai I think VC should redo the Rosters the problem lies within the ratings I think I could be wrong. The truth be said this game is all about practice the more you practice the more you understand the game.

Peace out DeadlyArtist aka D.A.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 01:29 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What I would like to see from Sega & VC?

(1) Be creative and reinvent the kicking game (I would argue for a method wherein the player actually AIMS where the kicker's foot makes contact with the football after the snap, instead of the double-button press thing before the snap).

(2) Work on OL AI. Seems like the OL AI "cheats" a bit, causing the DT Abuse problem with stunts like "Twist" wherein the OG follows a scripted block against the DE, leaving a HUMAN controlled DT able to, instead of twisting and encountering the OT (as the DT WOULD have done under the default animation, but that doesn't happen if the DT is human controlled).

(3) Come up with a way to offer the player more control over which player the "B" button switches him to when he presses it after the snap. For instance, allow me the option of configuring my game such that when I press "B" I can either have it go for the sack or go for the ball (too many times one presses "B" to switch to the DL that has broken through, is just about to make the sack, and as one presses "B" to switch to him followed by a rapid "X" to go for the diving sack, the QB releases, such that you end up controlling the CB for the intended receiver, whom you just sent down on a meaningless DIVE to the ground, leaving the receiver WIDE OPEN for the ball just sent his way). God, I hate that. I'd rather have a config setting wherein I could tell the game to let me choose "WHEN I PRESS B WHILE THE BALL IS BEING THROWN TAKE ME TO: (A) THE DEFENDER CLOSEST TO THE INTENDED RECEIVER; (B) THE DEFENDER CLOSEST TO THE PASSER; (C) THE DEFENDER CLOSEST TO THE BALL AT THAT INSTANT."

(4) Make the clear button reveal ALL assignments on defense. In other words, make it SHOW a player that has been hot routed (like to QB spy) or double teamed (like during the pause>gameplan screen). It would eliminate a lot of the "does the game recognize that I want it to do this?" confusion.

(5) Standardize the controls a bit more in offense and defense. There's no reason why, after the snap, the right joystick on defense can't act in a way similar to the right joystick for the RB on offense: R & L on the R-thumbstick allow for linebacker strafing; Up is jump; Down is chop block. You get the idea. In fact, try to make the controls as analagous as possible between offense and defense.

(6) The Graphics screens that come up as the game loads different play modes that show the Offense then Defense controls are WRONG, which really looks mickey mouse. (The defense controls are dated: the graphic shows black button for strafe, when it should be right trigger).

(7) Make it clear on ranked and unranked online games WHAT a player can configure and what a player cannot configure (loading rosters up/custom playbooks/etc.). I hate how the manuals don't clearly state this stuff (at least where I can find it). If possible, allow custom playbooks/rosters for UNRANKED games only.

(8) Gotta have full-motion replays for the halftime shows for online multiplayer and not just single player!

(9) Apart from the linemen AI, I don't think the AI has to be worked on too much otherwise. I like the rapid button press mechanics in both tackling and running. It helps set ESPN apart, and gives the game a more visceral appeal. So I think for 2k6, I'd like VC to actually work on the plays themselves, and giving us a much larger playbook - say 50% larger. And dump the trick plays if they don't have a snowballs chance in hell (hello, reverse!).

(10) At the end-of-game animations/cutscenes, when the players are walking off the field, where the Sam Hill are their helmets? Sheesh.

Those are my thoughts at this point.

I think reinventing the kicking game would be a real opportunity for ESPN for next year, which was originally Bill Harris' observation, so hat's off to him ( www.dubiousquality.blogspot.com ).

-JJ
Old 08-22-2004, 09:00 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: What I would like to see from Sega & VC?

1.fix the franchise mode..cpu A.I. to behave like real coaches
DRAFT to their needs,TRADE to their needs & not blockbuster players,realistic contracts..

2.fix the collision detection--so no more body parts passing through each other..every single contact is take into acount..especially with the ball.

3.don't let cd's do some dumb sh_T.like the catch animation when the wr is in his face or dive on his back or chest..he should grab the wr..more swat than catch animation!

4.ANIMATIONS-where the wr jumps for the ball n the cb jumps at the same time coliding in the air.and two things can happen.this would be better than seeing the wr catch a lob behind a cb's head! lol! with the cb just watching!
.ball carriers being hit at the feet-n fliping forward..

5.ADD training camp/with playable mini games...to boost rookie stats a little.

6.even thought i liked the SUPERBOWL presentation..why the heck is things summarized...i hate that!!--all the presentation is made into litle clips..like no one has time to do or see anything.THE END OF GAME intreview is longer than the whole superbowl presentation..damn! when the guy hands out the superbowl mvp..it's like 4 seconds long...the jets fly over in 3 seconds n dan says half a sentence (the us air force) & the clip cuts out real quick..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »