Home

What should sega do to improve their franchise mode?

This is a discussion on What should sega do to improve their franchise mode? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2004, 08:10 PM   #57
Banned

Jon22's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: What should sega do to improve their franchise mode?

Stop hiding crap, If you have team prestiage or player want to go to another team cause your sucks. We wouldn' t know that the game does that. There's stuff this game does that we had to figure out without knowing or even knowing if it really is doing it.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:55 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22
Stop hiding crap, If you have team prestiage or player want to go to another team cause your sucks. We wouldn' t know that the game does that. There's stuff this game does that we had to figure out without knowing or even knowing if it really is doing it.
Dude, what are you talking about.

Madden or ESPN?

I'm confused
Old 08-30-2004, 05:03 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbprice20
3) training camp and cut-downs.
it'll add a TON of players but you should be able to have whatever the league maximum is for a training camp (if there is a maximum) and then have the accurate cut-down days with the corresponding numbers. this would make preseason worth playing.
YES! Very cool! I find myself skipping right through the pre-season because all it does is subject your players to injury before the real season starts. It would be cool if you could have your second-stringers, third-stringers and rookies match up against your opponents' second, third and rookies.

I love the idea of having cut-down days surrounding pre-season play.

I miss the old days of NFL2k and NFL2k1 where you could play all of your recently signed rookies and free agents in a pre-season game, and really have a competitive game that will give you an accurate assessment of what you have before the regular season starts. I found that I learned more about my team from year to year by playing in the pre-season in NFL2k and 2k1, because I could easily trade or release the ones that were not going to help my team. The pre-season should have been a lot more than it was this year.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:07 PM   #60
MVP

Quick note D_L_V

There was no franchise in 2k so you really couldnt do more year to year but I get your point.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:22 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny
Quick note D_L_V

There was no franchise in 2k so you really couldnt do more year to year but I get your point.
Then what was the Mode in NFL2k that allowed you to play as the same team in 1999, and then 2000, 2001, 2002, etc.? I know that whenever I played/won the Super Bowl in NFL2k, my team would then advance to the next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2004, 07:30 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Then what was the Mode in NFL2k that allowed you to play as the same team in 1999, and then 2000, 2001, 2002, etc.? I know that whenever I played/won the Super Bowl in NFL2k, my team would then advance to the next year.

Just popped in NFL2k lol. I dont see any mode that lets you play more than one season. there is only Season, Playoff, exhibition, tourney, practice, and fanatasy.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:03 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kMatrtixevolved
Just popped in NFL2k lol. I dont see any mode that lets you play more than one season. there is only Season, Playoff, exhibition, tourney, practice, and fanatasy.
So did I. Still got me dreamcast. The franchise mode didnt start till 2k1.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:42 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'd like to see ladies in the crib...sorta sims-like. I want multi-girlfriends/wifes and would like to see them undress and dance while wearing my jockstrap. I know it sounds picky, but it would improve the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »