Home

Are there money plays in 2K5?

This is a discussion on Are there money plays in 2K5? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2004, 11:17 PM   #9
Pro

miamicanes11's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Are there money plays in 2K5?

The QB scramble is the only money play but it can be stopped in 2 player games with some aggressive D. But ya just dont overuse it.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:36 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

if the 'd' is in cover 2. i mean have 2 safteys on both hash marks. the skinny post or slant is virtually unstoppable as long as the middle linebacker doesnt get much dept in coverage and you catch the ball. it is unstoppable in cover 2 'd'
Old 08-23-2004, 03:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebi4802
if the 'd' is in cover 2. i mean have 2 safteys on both hash marks. the skinny post or slant is virtually unstoppable as long as the middle linebacker doesnt get much dept in coverage and you catch the ball. it is unstoppable in cover 2 'd'
Isn't this the area of the field that is open in cover 2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 06:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

The only thing close to a money play that i've discovered in my Saints franchise is this:

There's a formation with 4 WR, with Deuce McAllister being the inside receiver on the left, and the fullback in the backfield alone. I don't remember what the right side receivers run, but Stallworth on the outside left runs a 10 yard out, while Deuce runs a straight fly. If there is no pass rush and I can let the play develop, I'll throw a pass to Deuce (lob, max passing) that I can usually hit in stride and take it for a long TD. It's not a pure money play that works every time I want it to. If used more than once or twice in a game they catch on to it. But it has been successful a tad too much in critical situations (long 3rd down play or late in the game where I really need a score) so that I hardly, if ever use it, especially if the game is on the line.
Old 08-23-2004, 10:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I haven't really seen any money plays, but big plays are a frequent occurence. As far as stopping slant patterns, I usually play Inside Zone or some kind of inside combo zone, which usually leads to a lot of interceptions and batted balls against people that abuse the slant. Having a good defense helps too, though.
Old 08-23-2004, 11:08 PM   #14
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

While some plays work unusually well (Raven pitch plays), any play that is overused in the beginning of the game, the AI will adjust to it. There are no cheese plays like broken reverses or cash money, all-day slants.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »