Home

I really like this part

This is a discussion on I really like this part within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
I really like this part

One thing that VC did an EXCELLENT job on IMO is that playing linebacker is really fun. Last year, you got clipped and pancaked like crazy. Or if you got on a block it was almost impossible to get off or it just took too long to get off. This year you can slide down the line of scrimmage take on the block and get off using the moves and still make a play. Gotta give two thumbs up for that. And in comparison, that's the one thing that gets me when I play madden. If you get blocked playing linebacker, it is MUCH harder to get off the block in there.

So now you can take on that Guard, Tackle or Center and still be apart of the play. That's nice.

Last edited by LBzrule; 08-23-2004 at 12:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 12:10 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 18
Re: I really like this part

imo, getting to the qb is too easy...they countered this by allowing the o-lineman to throw you down about, umm say, 60 percent of the time...but if you have the holding slider maxed, way too many calls

but i understand where your coming from
Old 08-23-2004, 12:14 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
imo, getting to the qb is too easy...they countered this by allowing the o-lineman to throw you down about, umm say, 60 percent of the time...but if you have the holding slider maxed, way too many calls

but i understand where your coming from
Actually I was referring to playing vs the run. I should have clarified.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:27 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

i understand...but it works both ways when i play...

i can rush with a lb and get to the qb easily with a charged spin move like 40 percent of the time

maybe i should have clarified
Old 08-23-2004, 12:29 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Lb
this is tommie frazier from the old madden central boards, Man that exactly why I love this game you can actually play Lb and make a difference. Not like Madden where you get sucked into the Lineman and have NO CONTROL after that. its wierd people say you have more control in Madden but I think it is the oppisote. In ESPN I can be anyone on the defense and feel like I am doing my job and contribute
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 02:07 AM   #6
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Lb
this is tommie frazier from the old madden central boards, Man that exactly why I love this game you can actually play Lb and make a difference. Not like Madden where you get sucked into the Lineman and have NO CONTROL after that. its wierd people say you have more control in Madden but I think it is the oppisote. In ESPN I can be anyone on the defense and feel like I am doing my job and contribute
i like the control for every player as well, however i always give up the big play, but its still rewarding once you get the big sack

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »