Home

Playing this game online is....

This is a discussion on Playing this game online is.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2004, 05:30 PM   #81
Rookie

UofAZiP's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Playing this game online is....

Man, quite an argument going on here.... i didn't take the time to read it all because jplaya is just plain ridiculous, and was starting to annoy me... anyhow, i just want to say that one of my main reasons that i like ESPN compared to Madden is that cheese can be defeated by exploiting people's foolishness on ESPN whereas in Madden it's much more difficult to do because of the way the game is. My only losses in the past few years online were against legit players that just flat out beat me. Every cheeser has gone down becuase i find a way to stop the cheese and they are lost after that because they have no real football strategy and/or know how. In fact i just beat some guy that was cheesing with the Cowboys 37-7 with the Browns before he quit. So just keep your head up and continue to get better. A true football guy should be able to beat a cheeser on ESPN everytime... and that is why i like it better than Madden and always will
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 10:02 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 12

I think you have this win at all cost attitude away from gaming aswell.. You'll get over on anybody when given the chance & feel proud of it.. If you see someone drop their wallet you'd take it, cause it's their loss, he should have been more careful.. These tactics go way beyond playing a game, it's your personality & your low morale..

Most ppl play football for the sim aspect.. & who cares if you get over on the AI..Silly.. How is your gameplay fun?
Old 08-24-2004, 10:12 PM   #83
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
jplay-

"" Perhaps u write them a letter complaining about the unexplained "flaws" in the games and how players seemingly "exploit" these features of the football game""

why would I write a letter to them? they allready know you can exploit AI glitches when you play the game online. have you ever read the cover of a game? have you ever noticed it says this, and its usually found underneath the ESRB rating--

'GAME EXPERIENCE MAY CHANGE DURING ONLINE PLAY'

so yeah... game companys know that the online expoerience is off. the only way to really tell how good you`re playing the game is to play offline multiplayer against skilled players. but it is hard to find good offline players... haha!

and posted by badgun--

""I'm sure I've left some out, but these are the important ones to me. As far as someone throwing across the middle or calling the same defense everytime,say that somewhere in your playbook there is a counter play for it and it's up to you to find it.""

no, their isn`t a counter play for this!!! it is a flaw in the AI`s offensive line schemes. they DO NOT pick up the blitzes properly. and the speed burst is also a glitch. after the reciever has made his cut, he shouldn`t get an additional speed bonus but in Madden `04 he does. and its a guranteed catch when you use this tactic.

their is simply "NO DEBATE" in this! these are cheesey tactics.
Uh, I didn't play Madden 04 online, but I do know in 05 that blitzing a guy will cause him to throw the ball before any receiver can break across the middle, unless we're talking about 3 yard ins. Also, there is no speed burst glitch in 05 or if it is, it doesn't work in my behalf. There are a few plays that I use that involve waiting for your receiver to break across the middle and in some instances, he has a step and in other instances, the safety will drop in front of him. Either way, it isn't foolproof and doesn't work even half of the time. Again, blitzing a corner on practically every down will force a guy to throw the ball way before a receiver has time to break across the middle.

If you call passing over the middle cheese, then I suggest you give up online gaming altogether.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:22 AM   #84
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

""If you call passing over the middle cheese, then I suggest you give up online gaming altogether""

well in all fairness, I haven`t played madden `05 yet but i can tell you for "FACT" in madden `04 their was a glitch in the game where the reciever gets a short speed bonus on passes over the middle. it only happened after the QB threw the ball. you probably haven`t seen the glitch i`m talking about. their is no way to defend it. it is cheese and their is no debate on it!

you can claim that i need to give up online gaming but i can atleast identify what is a glitch and what is 'LEGITIMATE' play! obviously you can`t tell the difference between the two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »