Home

Playing this game online is....

This is a discussion on Playing this game online is.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2004, 07:51 AM   #57
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Playing this game online is....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
Umm...you put TO in at corner? That has to be the most appalling thing I've ever heard of.

In any event, waste of time though this thread is, I'll get into it a bit. It's simple enough to stop someone who puts TO in at kick returner- it simply requires subbing in your entire starting defense for your special teams. That takes a good five minutes, so not only is it profoundly unrealistic, it's also rude. I won't play against anyone who makes five minutes worth of substitutions (especially when they start off by taking a team that is significantly better than mine). If you can't beat the Lions with the Eagles without compounding things by subbing out half your team, well I don't know what to say.

The simple point is this- every single one of your "tactics" would be a disaster in real life. If you put a quarter defense on the field and tried to use it as a 4-3, a team would run the ball down your throat for 7-8 yards a carry. If you ever had the gall to try and make TO play cornerback and put him on Randy Moss, it would be a one play experiment, and at the end of it Randy Moss would be in the end zone and TO would be rolling on the ground clutching his broken ankles. Whenever you use a tactic that is effective in the game but would be ineffective in reality, you are departing from any semblence of NFL football, at which point there ceases to be any need to have NFL players or NFL teams. You might as well trot out some generic reds and blues.

It's also pretty embarrassing that you drop your team because you're afraid to roll with their personnel.

Whoa i never said i dropped the niners i contiuned to use them regardless of the personel they have as a team. Its just more difficult to generate offense this year in madden, and i was explaining how i played 2004.

You do not have to sub in your entire defense what u do is put in your fast guys as special teams rated by the speed of each player.

Also playing quarter and reverting to 4-3 will get you killed in real life, but then again this isnt real life, were given the opportunity to run our teams the way we want to regardless if its real or fake so i dont see the need to complain about that. I only did the TO at corner to counteract Moss at TE which some people think is cheesy but its really not just simply someone trying to win at all cost.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:52 AM   #58
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinDihigo
jplay a u sound like you have no skills and tend to play some fake cheese ball

Lmao u reaching Bro you play madden on PS2 whas your online name???????
Old 08-24-2004, 07:57 AM   #59
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillRoy
haha!! I must say, your posts are funny! I figured you were one of those types that uses a quarter defence and blitzes on every play. LOL!

you see... in Madden that is a cheese tactic because the AI is not good enough when it comes to picking up the blitzes. and as a result- on passing plays you can sack the QB most of the time.

and throwing to the reciever cutting across the middle is also a cheese tactic because the reciever gets a speed bonus right after you throw the ball. and its a guranteed catch when you use that tactic. now how is that using strategy?

its obvious that you don`t understand what i mean by "exploiting gaps" in the AI. maybe the word "glitches" is something you can understand?

and killer instinct in a video game? perhaps the only game that makes me feel like I have a killer instint is Medal of Honor (PC version) now that`s some intense sh%t. but a football game that has a few major glitches??? how could anyone develope a killer instinct playing this game?
i know what the exploiting gaps and glitches mean man

So its my fault if the game has glitches in it. What do u want me to do not run the play????????? I dont get it so i take it in Madden you never throw the ball across the middle because of some "magical" speed burst the players get.

Hillarious peeps actin as if this is real life

If quarter defense is a defense used in the game who are you to say its "cheezy" to use it. Thas like me saying you cant use 3-4 because i find it "cheezy" you see the big picture. Your gripe is not with me my friend its with EA sports. Perhaps u write them a letter complaining about the unexplained "flaws" in the games and how players seemingly "exploit" these features of the football game
Old 08-24-2004, 08:01 AM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moegames
Dont listen to what "jplaya2023" Said..obviously he's blind as a bat or one of the biggest cheesers around.... this is CHEEEEEESE all the way 100%! I feel your pain dude but there is nothing to do about this..its in every game. Best thing to do is stick to people you know to play online with or see if a board like OS has their own group of players that play together online. I know what your saying..it can get very frustrating dude and to me its not CHEESE..its called CHEATING.

Sense its called cheating contact Visual Concepts or EA sports and tell them you got cheated because terry Glenn caught a slant coming across the middle See what they tell you.

How about this show me in the nfl rule book or espn or madden's rule book when player control DT charging the middle is cheating. You cant now can you. You guys have so many "unwritten" rules its ridiculous to say the least.

Prove to me in any of those instances in which that guy said someone did to him online is cheating
Old 08-24-2004, 08:02 AM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Please tell me that is sarcasm.

Wish i could tell u it was but i had instances where it was neccessary to move Carter down the field to help with deep balls thrown to the overrated Moss
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 09:14 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplaya2023
Wish i could tell u it was but i had instances where it was neccessary to move Carter down the field to help with deep balls thrown to the overrated Moss
Hey its been said over and over before. If you are happy playing that way its all good keep doing it. BUT the original POSTER in this thread said he doesnt want to play people who do that. Call it cheating/cheezing/strategizing whatever you want to call it. The whole point of the thread was the he is looking for ppl who play in a different way than your win at all cost. So if you dont play like that why keep posting. Nobody is going to tell you how to play and what you can/cant do. SO let's get back to the subject of playing fair so that the original poster can have some fun while playing the game. If you dont have anything to say about playing without (cheating/strategizing/winnning at all cost) then I think he wasnt looking for your reply.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:16 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 6

On a side note, I was playing last night and someone with the Gamertag - jplaya kept challenging me. I have no idea if it's the same person, but this thread was enough to keep me from even thinking about accepting.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:44 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I think he should just stick with playing his 14 year old buddies.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »