Home

Close Games?

This is a discussion on Close Games? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
Banned

bigmark's Arena

OVR: 8
Close Games?

Just finished my first season at 11-5 w/ the Bills.

I don't have the schedule in front of me, but off the top of my head, other than an OT game vs. the Jets, I don't think there was a single game decided by fewer than 10 points. I'd either lose by two TD's, or roll up 40+ points. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'm playing on All-Pro, 7 min Qtrs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 12:59 PM   #2
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Close Games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmark
Just finished my first season at 11-5 w/ the Bills.

I don't have the schedule in front of me, but off the top of my head, other than an OT game vs. the Jets, I don't think there was a single game decided by fewer than 10 points. I'd either lose by two TD's, or roll up 40+ points. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'm playing on All-Pro, 7 min Qtrs.
My first season I had one OT game (I'm the Cowboys) and of course this game was against the Redskins. I lost in OT (38-35). Only had a couple of blowouts (New Orleans 61-3??) and here's the kicker, I won the division with a 8-8 record. NYG was also 8-8 (I won because of div play record) Philly went 7-9 and Washington was 6-10. Didn't get much respect from ESPN in this division.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:22 PM   #3
MVP

FloridaGators's Arena

OVR: 11

I have had a ton of close games. My first two regular season games went into overtime (me being the Eagles). Donovan Mcnabb was out for the season, mind you.

I restarted because I wanted to have Donovan healthy, Buckhalter out, Tim Brown on the Bucs, etc. and I won my first game against the Giants, 35-32.

So I have the knack for playing the close game. Probably because my pass defense is so poor.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Had the same close score results in my first season with the Giants with the exception of maybe one game I simmed and won by 27 or so. Actually had a TIE with the Cowboys and that very tie kept me out of the playoffs. Final record was 9-6-1.
I think I used HeelFans' final sliders.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:33 PM   #5
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Wow, I also play on All pro 7 minute quarters and although I'm only 4 games into my season I feel just like you.

I play with the Eagles - first I blow out the Giants, then I lose in OT to the Vikings, then I blow at the Lions. Then I expect to blow out Chicago but they blow ME out. I feel like I'm either too successful or not at all. Maybe it's got something to do with me using my VIP profile each time I play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 01:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Icon14 Re: Close Games?

I've had at least 5 close games in my franchise. Only one going into OT though. I only lost one of them, but I could've easily lost them all.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm in my first season with the Giants after tons of exhibition games and I'd say at least 75% of my games are within 10 points- playing on All Pro and 6 min qtrs.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

I lost to Raiders 12-5, beat the Saints 10 - 7 and beat the Cards 13-10 in my Bucs franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »