Home

The Ranking System ONLINE is Junk!

This is a discussion on The Ranking System ONLINE is Junk! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #1
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

OVR: 7
The Ranking System ONLINE is Junk!

i am 12-2 all games on legend - my ranking? over 23,000

tell me how i could be 12 -2 on legend and be ranked 23,000?

htf ? how the fu-manChu?

the reason - i have 12 drops. 8 were probably after the first kickoff , 1 was probably random and i blame the other 3 on people i played

in other words i never once tried to cheat or anything like that with a drop.

it seemed like a few drops that i was actually winning and the rest were like 0-0...

I understand if they do not rank a person with drops in the top 100 or something , but being ranked 23,434 ?? what the hell ?

It is dam hard to get a game with a top ranked player.

I have always said that i don't play for rank , - but i do enjoy playing the best, and maybe a fourth of the best players have good rankings and 70percent of ranked players are at least good players.

Listing Drops is a bad enough deterrent for someone to avoid playing me, the game doesn't need to artificially destroy my ranking by adding 20 some THOUSAND points to it!

Last edited by MartinDihigo; 08-24-2004 at 11:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 12:11 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: The Ranking System ONLINE is Junk!

It looks like you have answered your own question. Did you really need someone to tell you this?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:31 AM   #3
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

it was a statement not a question.

no , your right i guess i already knew the ranking system is junk , it is just stupid to be 12-2 on legend and be ranked so terrible.

I actually didn't think the ranking system would be THIS sketchy...

Now somebody just quit on me and it says i am 13 -2 and my rank miraculously improv3d to 14,000.. that is just as stupid. How did getting that scrub to quit improve my rank by 9000 pts ? either i suck or not , why the 9,000 pt swing holy cow

I am gonna be like 100-25 and have a ranking of one million !
Old 08-25-2004, 12:35 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

well, at one point...i was ranked 4th in the country in 2k4, so it works to me
Old 08-25-2004, 12:39 AM   #5
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

unranked games are the way to go man. it does suck having dropped games though cause i know thats how i pick my opponents when i am playing a ranked game, ill avoid anyone with any drops or disconnects as much as possible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 11:13 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinDihigo
i am 12-2 all games on legend - my ranking? over 23,000

tell me how i could be 12 -2 on legend and be ranked 23,000?

htf ? how the fu-manChu?

the reason - i have 12 drops. 8 were probably after the first kickoff , 1 was probably random and i blame the other 3 on people i played

in other words i never once tried to cheat or anything like that with a drop.

it seemed like a few drops that i was actually winning and the rest were like 0-0...

I understand if they do not rank a person with drops in the top 100 or something , but being ranked 23,434 ?? what the hell ?

It is dam hard to get a game with a top ranked player.

I have always said that i don't play for rank , - but i do enjoy playing the best, and maybe a fourth of the best players have good rankings and 70percent of ranked players are at least good players.

Listing Drops is a bad enough deterrent for someone to avoid playing me, the game doesn't need to artificially destroy my ranking by adding 20 some THOUSAND points to it!
SO the game punishes you for quitting a lot - so it should!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #7
MVP

MartinDihigo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by morro316
SO the game punishes you for quitting a lot - so it should!

... the only problem is i never quit.

I have like 1 quit on my 16-2 record and i can't remember what that was even from.

I am talking about the drops that occur in this game.

I won like 3 more games or something late night, my record is now like 16-2 on legend and it moved my ranking to like 4000 or 5000 or something.

Does anyone else think it is crazy to move from 23,000 to 4,000 because of 3 or 4 wins ? either i suck or i don't if i suck do not move me up(not that 4,000 is great or anything). It is like the drops are more important then the W/L ??
If i had no drops at 16-2 on legend playing random challenges - i am guessing i would be like 900 or something - i really have no idea what.
why are the ratings so goofy? I could work my way to 500 and then get a couple drops and they will put me at 5,000 again...

I was playing top 500(at least) ball because of my last 10 games i think i won 9 and 4 people quit on blowouts , and in the last 5 games i have a combined score of like 75-0 (i would have more points without quits) and some of the last 5 were good players who just got discouraged, but my d was shutting down everyone.

which brings me to the point of this thread. - since my ranking is so artificially high - i get noobs and people who have less experience and worse records challenging me -
- Then they get frustrated because i am trying to play my best so thats a bad game.

AND the top 500 players see my rank and take off like and uncovered marshall faulk on a deep pass -
- GONE -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »