Home

This may not mean much to you...but

This is a discussion on This may not mean much to you...but within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2004, 10:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking This may not mean much to you...but

Today i saw an UNINTENDED receiver attempt to catch a pass! He jumped up to catch it but couldn't because it had too much ZIP on it. The INTENDED receiver didn't catch it either (because i double covered him). It amazes me how some people can bash this game. This game is SO REAL!!! There are tons of things that happen all the time that you don't even see in other games. I think VC did the best job ever this year PROPS TO VC!

*sidebar*
I blocked a field goal today!!! One of my guys caught it and took it TO THE HOUSE...78 YARDS! ...I LOVE THIS GAME

Last edited by BBMo; 08-25-2004 at 11:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: This may not mean much to you...but

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMo
Today i saw an UNINTENDED receiver attempt to catch a pass! He jumped up to catch it but couldn't because it had too ZIP on it. The INTENDED receiver didn't catch it either (because i double covered him). It amazes me how some people can bash this game. This game is SO REAL!!! There are tons of things that happen all the time that you don't even see in other games. I think VC did the best job ever this year PROPS TO VC!

*sidebar*
I blocked a field goal today!!! One of my guys caught it and took it TO THE HOUSE...78 YARDS! ...I LOVE THIS GAME
You just need to play this game enough to appreciate all the things Sega included to make the best football game around. Amazing!!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:05 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Hey that's cool! You can catch a field goal and actually run it back?? On the long ones I'll make sure to send a guy back there from now.

Today in one of my games, I had Robinson and Moss running a 15 yard slant opposite each other. I gun it to Robinson but he bobbled it just as a safety hit him which popped the ball up in the air. His covering CB went into a standing catch animation but Moss swiped it and fell to the turf lol. I was running that replay over and over. Good stuff!
Old 08-25-2004, 11:16 PM   #4
Chr*stm*s *n M*rch!

Dukefan22's Arena

OVR: 9

Considering it was a 78 yard return for a TD, I don't think it was a FG that was missed short and ran back. He blocked the FG and I guess one of his guys caught it while it was in the air and ran it back. Which is cool cause I have yet to block a FG, was it just pure luck or did you call something other than FG Block??
Old 08-25-2004, 11:20 PM   #5
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

yeah in my franchise ray lewis batted a pass, but santana moss quicly dove, and caught it. I was so mad, but it was cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 11:22 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan22
Considering it was a 78 yard return for a TD, I don't think it was a FG that was missed short and ran back. He blocked the FG and I guess one of his guys caught it while it was in the air and ran it back. Which is cool cause I have yet to block a FG, was it just pure luck or did you call something other than FG Block??
Ah I missed the 78 yard part. I saw catch and well... *cough*
I wonder if it's possible. Probably not though since (for example) on punt returns my guys can't simply catch the ball if the returner ops to let it bounce into the endzone. It seems to go through them.

Last edited by Sleeper; 08-25-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefan22
I always do field goal block...but I control the guy on the end(he's fast on my cowboys) and do a speed rush around the end...if I time my jump right I can get the block. It's only about 10% effective and it depends on who I'm playing against, so it's not cheesy. I don't always go for it...only when I need the block.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #8
Pro

Blocking a field goal is never cheesy so don't worry about it. I'd like to do one too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »