Home

For those who say QB's don't run...

This is a discussion on For those who say QB's don't run... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2004, 09:08 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: For those who say QB's don't run...

I have CPU QBs run on me all the time. Even the ones not known for scrambling run on me too. The people who cry about QBs not running are the same people who call their defenses and adjustments to stop them from running and get mad when they don't. Scrambling QBs don't run unless its open. I for one wouldn't want a QB to run just because hes known for it. If you leave them no other options they will run. You should be happy that they're not running on you because its called your defense is doing their job.
Old 08-27-2004, 09:10 AM   #10
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
You can take any QB against any team and run the entire game, just with him, and score TD after TD against the CPU. Just need to choose an empty backfield, and the CPU LB's all head outside the moment the ball's snapped, or the DT's will complety ignore the QB as he runs by them. I tried an experiment - ran with Garcia down the field 70 yds, 3 times in a row: TD! TD! TD! Then I went back to 2K4 and did the same thing: sack! no gain! 1 yd pickup! punt!... 3 times. It's a programming flaw in 2K5.
Indeed. Especially when I can easily rack up +100 yd rushing with Trent Green lol!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:13 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

(Original Post)

This brings up an interesting QB Scrambling point. I have noticed that the game decides when your QB can scramble and when he can't, regardless of his speed rating and his fatigue level. It really sucks because I don't remember any NFL2k being like this. An example is Jake Plummer. I have had several games where I got in trouble, and was able to scramble for the first down, being able to outrun their D-Line. Now, of course the LBs or the DBs could catch up to me like a shot, as it should be. The strange part is that I tried rushing with him again later in the game, I made sure he was at full strength on the fatigue meter, but his running animations went into a slow-motion version of his scramble. This allowed the D-Line to now catch him as if he was running in a swimming pool full of molasses! Now I KNOW that I had my analog stick floored in the direction i wanted him to run, so it was not a problem with the equipment. I also know that his fatigue was at full strength. I also know that D-Linemen are not faster than Jake Plummer. The only explanation is that the game decides, 'You may run at this time. You may not run at that time.'

Shame. Kinda puts the big stop sign on me drafting a speed demon QB for next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2004, 01:37 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

15-0? Isnt that a little boring?
Old 08-27-2004, 02:04 PM   #13
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaunki
For those who feel they can scramble on the CPU at will for TD upon TD and yards and yards, start using the VIP system. At first I was abusing the CPU with McNAbb, but not anymore after using the VIP. If it stops me from taking advantage of mcnabb, then it will stop others from taking advantage with kyle boller and such.

On another note, I am positive that 90% of DE's in the NFL are faster than Jake Plummer.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:26 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaunki
NO...considering that 6 of those games I pulled out in the final quarter. And I think I only scored first in 2. That's what the dificulty is for...I'll bump it up to LEGEND, but NOT in the middle of my season.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:20 PM   #15
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
For those who feel they can scramble on the CPU at will for TD upon TD and yards and yards, start using the VIP system.
I use VIP and can still rack yds with Trent Green. IMO the defense should react period and regardless if theres a vip in use....especially for cbs in zone (see sig).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2004, 02:42 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
I use VIP and can still rack yds with Trent Green. IMO the defense should react period and regardless if theres a vip in use....especially for cbs in zone (see sig).

Looks like in that clip you were playing online, and the user reacts and picks the d plays, offline the computer adjusts, I witnessed first hand, by playing on legend and using my vip, the comp reacts for sure ...

holla back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »