Home

Bad sim engine and Franchise quirks

This is a discussion on Bad sim engine and Franchise quirks within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2004, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Bad sim engine and Franchise quirks

Has anyone taken a look at some of the defensive statistics? I had a 91 OVER cb that has made 25 takles in 4 years, yet has 3-9 picks every year. How is it possible to to play all 16 games and have 4, 7, 9 tackles the whole year? I looked at some other db's as well and same problem, although some db's have plenty of tackles.

This is worse than the CPU using only a 4-3 defense while simming and players like Donnie Edwards sitting on the bench all year!

I really want to play franchise with ESPN but it's things like this (and the draft AI) that just drive me crazy! The on-field game is the best in my opinion.

How are your franchises going?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2004, 01:15 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Bad sim engine and Franchise quirks

I may be nuts, but what about: 1. Taking control of all teams; 2. Choosing three teams as yours – if you pick the Raiders, Jets and Packers, you will never play yourself in the first year, plus you get to play every other team at least once; 3. Play three, four or five minute quarters; 4. Run all games, including CPU vs CPU games. That way you can insert custom playbooks and adjust the CPU teams’ rosters and depth charts.

I figure you could be done year one by January… just in time for the Superbowl :-)
Old 09-01-2004, 01:44 PM   #3
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

[quote=playball335]Has anyone taken a look at some of the defensive statistics? I had a 91 OVER cb that has made 25 takles in 4 years, yet has 3-9 picks every year. How is it possible to to play all 16 games and have 4, 7, 9 tackles the whole year? I looked at some other db's as well and same problem, although some db's have plenty of tackles.

Did you create Deion Sanders and put him on your squad?
Old 09-01-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
I may be nuts, but what about: 1. Taking control of all teams; 2. Choosing three teams as yours – if you pick the Raiders, Jets and Packers, you will never play yourself in the first year, plus you get to play every other team at least once; 3. Play three, four or five minute quarters; 4. Run all games, including CPU vs CPU games. That way you can insert custom playbooks and adjust the CPU teams’ rosters and depth charts.

I figure you could be done year one by January… just in time for the Superbowl :-)
You guys that offer these ideas up are insane some of us have jobs, school, girlfriends, hell other games we would like to play, not to mention that the interface for taking control of all of these teams is way to difficult and tedious to manage
Old 09-01-2004, 03:08 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
You guys that offer these ideas up are insane some of us have jobs, school, girlfriends, blah, etc.
Not ONCE have I ever stated that I'm actually sane :-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2004, 03:19 PM   #6
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
You guys that offer these ideas up are insane some of us have jobs, school, girlfriends, hell other games we would like to play, not to mention that the interface for taking control of all of these teams is way to difficult and tedious to manage
Then accept this solution:

It's a game with flaws. All games have flaws.

If you can get past the flaws, and still enjoy the game, then play it. If you can't, then quit wasting time on a game that bugs you.

I'm not trying to be an ***. I simplay have found that with as much good gaming as we have available these days, it's pointless to waste time on a game that isn't fun. However, it's also pointless to obsess over flaws in a game you otherwise enjoy.
Old 09-01-2004, 03:53 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Did you create Deion Sanders and put him on your squad?

Classic.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just hate how the leading tacklers at the end of the year have 100 - 120 tackles (mostly LB's, some DE's) and the highest dude on my team got like 45.

I play 5 minute quarters, and have sim games set to 3 minute quarters.

But on the flipside, I led last season in tips. The top 3 tippers were on my team, and so was the 7th highest guy. I also had 2 of the top 3 interception leaders (#1 & 3).

Offense is cool though .. I can always compete for rushing yards, passing yards, etc .. just the defense is impossible to keep up with .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »