Home

Are You Disappointed With Espn???

This is a discussion on Are You Disappointed With Espn??? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2004, 08:32 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are You Disappointed With Espn???

Not dissapointed at all. This is the best football game I have ever played. Every time I feel it just slighty worn on me, I just add some news songs to my custom stadium soundtrack and Im back to bliss again!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2004, 09:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Most definetely. Every time I turn it on their showing that Poker crap...I wish they would just run those 2003 NFL highlights 24/7. And whats up with Tom Sizemore playing Pete Rose? Looks nothing like him, even with the silly Beatles wig.

What about sports center back to back...sheeze......

I L. O. V. E. the VC ESPN Football though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

No, I love ESPN.

A little background: I am NOT a big franchise-mode type player, and I primarily like my console football for online.

Traditionally, an old classmate of mine and I always get ESPN (for XBox Live). He also gets Madden. Every year he tells me Madden is much better and much more for the football purist. This year, because Madden is on Live, he was pressuring me to go with Madden as our preferred console platform.

Well, we both got ESPN 2k5 (can't pass it up for $20), and were both happy. But he also got Madden eventually. In his defense, he said that ESPN dramatically closed the gap with Madden, and could now be considered a "serious" football game, but he still felt Madden was more true to "real" football. So a couple days ago, I bought Madden 2k5 (used copy). In complete fairness to Madden, I haven't played it much. Just watched the videos and did some Football 101 wherein one gets to try out certain plays multiple times (FWIW VERY EASY, but it is 101). But I got to tell you, I did NOT find it as much fun as ESPN, mostly because it was FUGLY. The movements just didn't feel realistic to me. To Madden's credit, there was no sharp turning-on-the dime, but it just seemed that was the case not to emulate reality, but because the game just seemed clunky in its ability to make lightning fast responses. Even navigating from menu-to-menu just seemed SLOW and clunky.

I SINCERELY cannot believe people are calling Madden graphics anywheres NEAR ESPN graphics (at least on XBox). I felt like I was back in time playing a game from a couple decades ago. In terms of "realism," there was nothing there in Madden that I didn't feel was at least COMPARABLY realistic in ESPN.

Anyhow, it just made me appreciate ESPN for the features that I love. Especially VIP. And the stadium music (a feature I didn't think I'd use at first, but it is FUN for those practice games). And the defensive adjustments. And the good balance between "arcade" and "realism" offered by the innovative Tap/PowerUp system. The right stick juke system just makes a good running game a real pleasure to watch, too.

Disappointed? No way! The more I play ESPN, the more there is to discover.

Both games have their strengths, weaknesses, and exploits, but for online stuff and presentation, and hence, the feeling of actually being "in the game," man, I am not disappointed AT ALL with ESPN.

-TF
Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 PM   #28
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

I like the game overall, but I'm sick of the Crib hassle. I don't accumulate milestones, and I have tried everything. It shouldn't be such a hassle.

The injury crap is also crazy. I like to use the Weekly Prep, but it screws my injured players ratings if I don't rehab them.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:32 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxzone
I like the game overall, but I'm sick of the Crib hassle. I don't accumulate milestones, and I have tried everything. It shouldn't be such a hassle.

The injury crap is also crazy. I like to use the Weekly Prep, but it screws my injured players ratings if I don't rehab them.
Do you play Franchise? and if so, have you played the pro bowl?
Old 09-02-2004, 09:42 PM   #30
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

No not disappointed in the game at all. Just wish I had more time to play. Just busy with work and school so my gaming time is a bit limited. Having fun with the game when I get a chance to play.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:55 PM   #31
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kMatrtixevolved
Do you play Franchise? and if so, have you played the pro bowl?
I do play franchise, but I have not played the pro bowl. I even restarted my franchise, and it worked a few games, then it just stopped, and I didn't change a thing.

Also, I just simmed a few weeks to see how the rehab went. Barlow comes back 9 points lower, and all I did was physical theropy, and the mile jet tub thing. One on Monday and one on Tuesday of each week. He didn't come back earlier, but he came back suckin crap. Guess I will have to turn injurys off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2004, 07:37 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

why?..i'm pissed pff that when i prep..DURABILITY is either a guaranteed to go down or stay the same for one week.............giving players a halfday off..or going easy on them should,or giving stretching should up definately up durability..or keep it from going down............
WHAT DO YOU GUYZ THINK..........that's why i be scared to prep..the good..is 3-4 points each stat...but durability going down is enought to scare me........fs & ss..don't gain points....

NFL 2K5--is the king!!---if vc focus on franchise next year & longevity and bring back things from past 2k games...imagine the game we'll be playing next year..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »