Home

NFL2k5: Dolby 5.1 Sound Test

This is a discussion on NFL2k5: Dolby 5.1 Sound Test within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 9
NFL2k5: Dolby 5.1 Sound Test

Hey NFL2kers!

Can someone out there explain how on earth you use the Dolby Sound Test within the game to optimize your listening experience with your particular Home Theater System?

I have no CLUE what I am supposed to do with it.

Thanks NFL2kers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
MVP

warnerwlf98's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NFL2k5: Dolby 5.1 Sound Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Vader
Hey NFL2kers!

Can someone out there explain how on earth you use the Dolby Sound Test within the game to optimize your listening experience with your particular Home Theater System?

I have no CLUE what I am supposed to do with it.

Thanks NFL2kers!
There's a tone that shifts sequentially between each of the speakers. If you hear the tone coming out of each speaker (as it cycles through) then your audio system is set up correctly.

-OS Radio Show

(I don't remember who said this but PM me who did say it, and I'll quote him properly)
Old 09-02-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by warnerwlf98
There's a tone that shifts sequentially between each of the speakers. If you hear the tone coming out of each speaker (as it cycles through) then your audio system is set up correctly.
I understand this. Yes, I can hear the crowd noise travel clockwise through all of my speakers. I was speaking more specifically for the part where you can select the COLLISION sound or any of the other sounds, and then use your left analog stick to place the cursor in various spots around the TV graphic, resulting in different speakers relaying the sound. I need to know where I am supposed to place that cursor to get the best sound out of my system.

Once thing I did notice, is that if I place the cursor directly on top of the TV graphic, I get a very loud, crisp, clean sound, but it comes out equally through ALL the channels. (I have a 5.1 system.) My fear is that if I set it here, I will not get a 'SURROUND' sound, but rather an all-channel STEREO sound. I want the benefits of the sound 'traveling' through the appropriate speakers. Just like 5.1 is supposed to be.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Once thing I did notice, is that if I place the cursor directly on top of the TV graphic, I get a very loud, crisp, clean sound, but it comes out equally through ALL the channels. (I have a 5.1 system.) My fear is that if I set it here, I will not get a 'SURROUND' sound, but rather an all-channel STEREO sound. I want the benefits of the sound 'traveling' through the appropriate speakers. Just like 5.1 is supposed to be.
That's not a setting, that's just a way for you to test how that sound affect will sound based on its position.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:06 PM   #5
Banned

So are you saying that whole deal with being able to move the cursor and test sounds from different positions on the screen has nothing to do with how the game will sound on your system during game play?

It is a binary system? You either have 5.1 to hear the game or you don't? There is no calibration required to refine the sound?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
So are you saying that whole deal with being able to move the cursor and test sounds from different positions on the screen has nothing to do with how the game will sound on your system during game play?

It is a binary system? You either have 5.1 to hear the game or you don't? There is no calibration required to refine the sound?
How do I change it from Dolby Pro Logic to 5.1? I can't seem to move the highlight field on Pro Logic. I have 5.1 speakers.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
How do I change it from Dolby Pro Logic to 5.1? I can't seem to move the highlight field on Pro Logic. I have 5.1 speakers.
joe you have to check your xbox sound settings...turn on the xbox without a game and check out the sound settings

Old 09-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich
joe you have to check your xbox sound settings...turn on the xbox without a game and check out the sound settings
You will also need an optical sound cable to get 5.1 sound in the game off the Xbox.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »