Home

Dumb DB AI fixed and QB spy!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Dumb DB AI fixed and QB spy!!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2004, 09:51 PM   #41
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Dumb DB AI fixed and QB spy!!!!!!!

My assessment...

I have said for the past MONTH that their is "comeback" or better yet "Momentum Swing" AI implemented in this game!!!!!

How is this momentum implemented?

BY MAKING THE "TAIL-END-OF-THE-MOMENTUM-SWING" TEAM PLAY VERY POORLY..BASED ON CONSISTENCY AND COMPOSURE RATINGS!!!

Some of these crappier teams' players have Comp and Cons ratings in the teens, or even single digits....meaning a team like the Bills may have decent talent, but when the going gets tough, they tend to melt down..AS A TEAM!!! Better teams have players with better "mental" ratings...Trust me. Interestingly, the "mental" ratings have very little impact on the overall rating. Zero Aggressiveness doesn't budge the players' overall numbers.

LOW CONS & COMP RATED GUYS ARE THE PLAYERS THAT GET THE BULK OF THE POOR ANIMATIONS, MISPLAYS, SLOWDOWNS, AND BLOCKING ASSIGNMENT BRAIN FARTS THAT KICK IN WITH THE MO-SWING!!!!

Performance EQ simply upgrades the ratings of the piss-poor players, INCLUDING CONSISTENCY AND COMPOSURE!!! With no players possessing the super-low Comp & Cons ratings, its easy to see that the DB AI and overall play is no longer subjected to the crappy animations..

Its all in the mental ratings! Aggressiveness, Composure, consistency, Leadership...THESE RATINGS DICTATE THE FLOW OF THE GAME!!!! GUARANTEED!!!! I'M SERIOUS!!!!!

Last edited by HMcCoy; 09-05-2004 at 10:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 10:02 PM   #42
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Eq-On is for most people about how the AI reacts during gameplay, not about giving people a fair shot @ winning.
Yeah I understand that aspect of it also...though I've seen others who say they haven't noticed much of a difference between having it on/off. I guess its rather subjective and depends on different factors in how much of an improvement eq is vs the default game. Either way I find it to be an interesting subject mainly because people have alot of different opinions on what eq does and what it's about despite VC's official statement on how it actually works.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:17 PM   #43
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
My assessment...

I have said for the past MONTH that their is "comeback" or better yet "Momentum Swing" AI implemented in this game!!!!!

How is this momentum implemented?

BY MAKING THE "TAIL-END-OF-THE-MOMENTUM-SWING" TEAM PLAY VERY POORLY..BASED ON CONSISTENCY AND COMPOSURE RATINGS!!!

Some of these crappier teams' players have Comp and Cons ratings in the teens, or even single digits....meaning a team like the Bills may have decent talent, but when the going gets tough, they tend to melt down..AS A TEAM!!! Better teams have players with better "mental" ratings...Trust me. Interestingly, the "mental" ratings have very little impact on the overall rating. Zero Aggressiveness doesn't budge the players' overall numbers.

LOW CONS & COMP RATED GUYS ARE THE PLAYERS THAT GET THE BULK OF THE POOR ANIMATIONS, MISPLAYS, SLOWDOWNS, AND BLOCKING ASSIGNMENT BRAIN FARTS THAT KICK IN WITH THE MO-SWING!!!!

Performance EQ simply upgrades the ratings of the piss-poor players, INCLUDING CONSISTENCY AND COMPOSURE!!! With no players possessing the super-low Comp & Cons ratings, its easy to see that the DB AI and overall play is no longer subjected to the crappy animations..

Its all in the mental ratings! Aggressiveness, Composure, consistency, Leadership...THESE RATINGS DICTATE THE FLOW OF THE GAME!!!! GUARANTEED!!!! I'M SERIOUS!!!!!
So for the most realistic single player experience would you play with EQ on?
Old 09-05-2004, 10:21 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

EQ
the strongest placebo ever
Old 09-05-2004, 10:25 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Yeah I understand that aspect of it also...though I've seen others who say they haven't noticed much of a difference between having it on/off. I guess its rather subjective and depends on different factors in how much of an improvement eq is vs the default game. Either way I find it to be an interesting subject mainly because people have alot of different opinions on what eq does and what it's about despite VC's official statement on how it actually works.
Yeah the convo is definetly interesting. You would think VC would make what Performance Eq does it's default setting, I nstead of making teams either

"Super" or "Poor" just doesn't make sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #46
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESEL
So for the most realistic single player experience would you play with EQ on?
No. There is a reason why the Cardinals suck year in and year out. There is a reason why the Pats are always solid. Size, speed, agility...all teams have generally the same physical specimens on their roster...But some teams know how to win, some organizations do not. That is represented by the mental ratings, and while I hate how the implementation looks, I beleive these factors have a legitimate place.

Personally, I don't want my Chargers to be able to stay with the Pats unless I make great plays and great decisions on my own...
Old 09-05-2004, 11:04 PM   #47
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

I have been reading al of the post and decided to tryout perf eq on. I play strictly online in leagues etc. and legend difficulty. I disagree with the pref eq fix all thought process. I played games with eq on and played the exact game with eq off, same opponent everything. What I noticed is players playing way above rtg,(i.e. Rattay passing like peyton Manning, etc). It fixes horrible db's. if your db's con,com,and cov rtgs are all 75 or less he sucks and will get beat in one one situations as he should. IMO, default legend is the best way to go for h2h online play and leagues. As for the QB spy I saw no appreciable difference. I really don't think people understand the concept of Qb spy, but that is my opinion.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:25 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 3

This definitely does not work in H2H games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »