Home

Dumb DB AI fixed and QB spy!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Dumb DB AI fixed and QB spy!!!!!!! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #57
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Dumb DB AI fixed and QB spy!!!!!!!

EQ on is the way to go...MUCH MUCH better AI play.
Old 09-09-2004, 06:11 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

I just beat another high-ranked cheeser on Legend/EQ. Guy was ranked 600 in the world with the Buccaneers. I took my Fins up against him and watched as he ran Alstott from the Rhino formation on every running play and scrambled Brad Johnson from a spread formation the rest of the time.

After stuffing him and picking him off twice, I was up 24-14 behind a well-balanced offensive attack. I used motion, hot routes and general misdirection in my play-calling to move the ball easily against his inept employment of the superior Bucs defense.

Finally, I had picked him off early in the fourth quarter inside the 30 and was ready to score again when he began some bullsh!t with the internet connection, half-disconnecting over and over again until he could force the game into arbitration.

What a cheesedick. I got the win, but don't know what the final fallout was from the rankings. The scumbag *was* a 600 and I started the game at 1800. Afterward, my rank was a 1400, but I don't know if that's right, seems like it should have moved higher.

Anyway, I loved hearing him curse throughout the game after I got an early handle on his cheesy bullcrap. I would never have this kind of experience without Performance EQ ON to "cut the cheese"!

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Old 09-10-2004, 01:33 AM   #59
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

ok tell me this..if i play with eQ offline,is it best to use the default legend or can i use bill harris'?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-10-2004, 04:10 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

I haven't used EQ offline at all. When I was playing my franchise, which was weeks ago, I was playing on default All-Pro. I haven't played enough games offline to judge difficulty levels yet.

Gamertag: Tailgun

"Just remember what ol' Jack Burton does when the earth quakes, the poison arrows fall from the sky, and the pillars of Heaven shake. Yeah, Jack Burton just looks that big old storm right in the eye and says, Gimme your best shot. I can take it."

- Kurt Russell, Big Trouble in Little China
Old 09-10-2004, 07:16 AM   #61
All Star

OVR: 21

I've been playing Legend/EQ on offline for the past week and have to say the games have been quite enjoyable. The play across the board is just so much more consistent; especially noticeable is the improved play of the DBs and the OL. I've noticed some absolutely beautiful OL play on double teams, or how some lineman will react to TDs, etc. Not saying that it's not in the game w/EQ off, just saying that for some reason it's a lot more noticeable and more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2004, 02:31 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 28

Well it sounds as if most of you have seen the light. The light is EQ and the light is good. I wont stop spreading the word until I see at least half of the lobby games having EQ on. EQ! EQ!

But I just wanted to assure those who don't know. Your top players are still your top players. It's just that they leave their cape with the "S" on it at home. And scrub players are still scrub players it's just now they can afford a right shoe to go along with the left and they can throw the other left out.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:47 AM   #63
Pro

OVR: 7

Up until last night I had never actually seen my DBs' doing something stupid. But then I watched a reply where 3 of them all dove at the reciever when they were about 3-4 yards away, all missing of course. I have seen them do the circle thing as well. So for now I'm going to try EQ and see if it helps.

Jesse
Old 09-12-2004, 09:28 AM   #64
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

I haven't seen much of a difference in h2h offline games with legend/eq and on. DB's still circle wrs and qbs can still rack up at least at least 75-100yds rushing regardless of their physical abilities. Its also done absolutely nothing to make fatigue realistic which is IMO one of nfl2k5's primary gameplay ailments outside of player movement in space. I guess neither can be improved or "fixed" until next yr. I'm also thinking the benefits of legend/eq may be exlusive to online h2h games...but thats just based on my personal experience with it thus far.

Last edited by Kanobi; 09-12-2004 at 09:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »