Home

How Far Are You?

This is a discussion on How Far Are You? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
Regular Cat RecordsŪ

3rdAnswer's Arena

OVR: 24
How Far Are You?

I am now in year 3 with the NY Giants. My first season I missed the post-season by a game, and my second season I went to the Super Bowl, and lost to the Colts. Eli vs. Peyton..pretty interesting matchup.

In the off-season I made one real big move, getting Onterrio Smith (81) to give me a 2-punch running back system with him and DeShaun Foster, who led the league in rushing the previous year.

On defense, I had a rookie, Cary Patton out of Duke who led my team with 7 INT's as a Nickelback, and also led all rookies. I drafted another DB, a SS, Vernon Hunter from Ohio State who looks pretty good so far.

How are are you guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #2
MVP

Jwally's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How Far Are You?

I haven't had much time to play, so im only on week 9 with the Bengals . I'm 5-2 right now, and tied for first in the AFC north with the Steelers. Carson Palmwe as a QB rating around 85, and Rudi Johnson has been carrying my offense, with 4.7 YPC.
Cincinnati Bearcats

Old 09-05-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm in week 11 in my second year with the Chargers. I, too, haven't had too much time to play, now that I have school (I can't play on weekdays, so you know how that is). Plus, I still play ESPN Major League Baseball, ATV 2, SOCOM 2, and just recently rented ESPN NHL 2K5, and have played about 15 franchise games of that so far. Thankfully, hockey games are pretty quick.

I think I'm 6-4 in this season... Rivers injured for two weeks, so I'm using Flutie (meaning... I'm using Tomlinson). I think we have a shot for the playoffs, considering I realigned my division to be with Dallas, Chicago, and Seattle. Note that it's not because I wanted easy teams, I love those stadiums.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-05-2004, 03:57 PM   #4
Pro

FocusYoMindOnDis's Arena

OVR: 6

im in season four, and i have won the super bowl twice in a row, but in my first year i got bumped in the first round of the playoffs...and this season i am 4 and 7 so i have to turn it up...but my star RB Duece Mcallister tore his acl last year so he has been hardly effective this year...he went from an 91, to a 79
Old 09-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #5
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

I won't get started till the new roster update comes out,I'll try to get in at least 10 games before Fable comes out on the 14th,then I'll split my time playing in between the two,until a week later when Star Wars galixies comes out, then ESPN will hit the back burner as far as how often I play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2004, 05:57 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I am in my second season and I am currently 5-3 with my 49ers.
Last year we finished 9-7 and made playoffs only to lose by 7 to the New Orleans Saints.
Old 09-06-2004, 12:26 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11
Arrow Re: How Far Are You?

I am in my third year of my Franchise. My Bears are 10-6 and I won my wild card game against the Cowboys 27-17. First year I went 15-1 only to lose to the Eagles(they went on to win the Super Bowl) in the Conference Championship. Second year I went 14-2, again facing the Eagles in the Conference Championship and I won and went on to beat the Ravens 31-28 in the Super Bowl(the best game of my life, I kicked a FG with 20 seconds left). Now in my third year(you guessed it) I am about to play the Eagles again, but this time in the Divisional round. Anyway,I have probably had the best drafts ever. I drafted a HB(now a 95), a whole new defense that is 2nd in the league. But my best draft pick was the WR who is now a 90 w/speed of 98. Lets just say when he catches the ball he is gone. I do not remember their original names as I edit the names into friends and family. But man dealing with the salary cap is a b****. Its hard to keep my best players. The key is to sign them to a long term deal before their contract expires. Because if they have a good year and their contract is up, they ask for a whole lotta dough. Anyway, I love this game. PEACE!!

Last edited by bizcanos; 09-06-2004 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2004, 04:07 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I just finished year 2 and am in the preseason of year 3. I quit playing franchise till the roster update comes out, then I'm gonna start over. The Browns are missing a lot of people in the secondary in the original roster (Leigh Bodden, Michael Jameson, etc) and missing Richard Alston at WR (hopefully he's rated decent).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »