Home

Two controllers, decent CPU vs CPU results

This is a discussion on Two controllers, decent CPU vs CPU results within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2004, 04:35 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Two controllers, decent CPU vs CPU results

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Thanks, and just remember…. If any of my findings here prove wrong or incorrect, I never wrote them and I never heard of you or your INT problems. “What INT problems are you people talking about? Dai… WHAT???”

Action Replay question: my roster saves won’t reload from the memory card. And the roster I downloaded and transferred to the memory card won’t load either. I just get an error message: “Unable to load roster on Xbox memory unit…” You or anyone know what’s up? Is it a defective memory card? (It’s brand gnu.)
baa,

I'm following this thread and your research a lot, but I don't post much. I am Coach Mode stat guy. I love this game but INTs drive me bonkers. Anyway, I bought Action Replay and it never worked even after I returned TWICE. When I started using a Microsoft Xbox memory card. It worked like a charm--try it.

Keep up the good work. I'm going to try some of your edits tonight. We'll get this thing figured out eventually.
Old 09-09-2004, 05:30 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

bbfan – I read your post last night, phoned EB, and they’re going to give me a Microsoft card, no charge (which I thought was cool). Thanks!

I post a lot about edits I’ve made to my experimental rosters, but I actually play with a default roster with some individual player edits only. I even left the D’s catch ratings where they were, because I like playing User games with the Interception slider up – makes passing nerve-wrackingly good. I’ve considered lowering my D team’s Catch ratings, because User picks can be too frequent. However…

Raising QB Pass Read is the only global edit I’ve done, and the difference has been night and day, even with regards to User picks. But it’s most noticeable in CPU vs CPU games. They were unplayable: 3-6 INT’s a game. Now, every other game I have NONE. 2-3 a game is unusual but it happens, which is good. Like I said, there may be a more realistic way ratings-wise to get rid of INT’s. But for now I’m happy with this particular fix – Pass Read up and two controllers.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
bbfan – I read your post last night, phoned EB, and they’re going to give me a Microsoft card, no charge (which I thought was cool). Thanks!

I post a lot about edits I’ve made to my experimental rosters, but I actually play with a default roster with some individual player edits only. I even left the D’s catch ratings where they were, because I like playing User games with the Interception slider up – makes passing nerve-wrackingly good. I’ve considered lowering my D team’s Catch ratings, because User picks can be too frequent. However…

Raising QB Pass Read is the only global edit I’ve done, and the difference has been night and day, even with regards to User picks. But it’s most noticeable in CPU vs CPU games. They were unplayable: 3-6 INT’s a game. Now, every other game I have NONE. 2-3 a game is unusual but it happens, which is good. Like I said, there may be a more realistic way ratings-wise to get rid of INT’s. But for now I’m happy with this particular fix – Pass Read up and two controllers.
Baa,

That's cool about your memory card. Way to go EB.

What sliders are you using. I know you said earlier that they were maxed out on offense and zeroed out on defense, but specifically which ones? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2004, 11:28 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfan66
What sliders are you using. I know you said earlier that they were maxed out on offense and zeroed out on defense, but specifically which ones? Thanks.
My sliders for CPU vs CPU games:
Blocking, Passing, Running, Catching and Kicking – 40
Coverage, Pursuit, Tackling and Interception – 0
Fatigue – 7
Injury – 18
Fumble – 27

I play 3 minute quarters, and try to get some scoring in – 0-0 games are dullsville – so I don’t mind the occasional long run, etc. And every time I move my Coverage, Pursuit and Tackling sliders up, my offensive stats take an unacceptable hit. Generally speaking, these numbers get me 50% completion rates and 4 yards per carry averages. The stats are a bit low, and I have found edits to bump them up, but I really want to try and stick with default rosters for now, in case I ever play a franchise – don’t want to have to edit countless rookies every year. Unfortunately, there’s not too much I can do anymore to improve offensive stats unless I commit to some editing at least.

An editing project I’m working on at the moment is to find edits that will allow me to play with sliders @ 20. It’s a thing with me: I like to know I can move sliders up or down slightly depending on, say, the weather conditions, or my team’s current winning/losing streak (everything down a couple of points if we’re on a losing streak) and an idea I’ll steal from someone else: which team it is I’m playing that week. With things having to be maxed out @ 40 or dropped to 0, it’s obviously impossible.

Example: from what I observed with QB Accuracy, it might work to bump up Pass Read to 90+, Composure to 80+, Consistency to 70+, and then use Accuracy as the major determining rating for QB’s – 30+ or something. Then set the Passing slider @ 20 and see how that runs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »