Home

INT Returns are not as fun as they look in real life

This is a discussion on INT Returns are not as fun as they look in real life within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2004, 01:48 PM   #17
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: INT Returns are not as fun as they look in real life

Ace hit it on the nose:

When your db's step in front of a pass in the flat - td's come easy.

But when you catch the ball deep down the sidelines or in the middle of the
field, even with great skills on the sticks, td's are highly unlikely. I know what the threader means about OL comign for you with a vengance - they do. Someone else hits it on the nose when they said OL take the perfect angles - they do. None of that bothers me, however. That's just the way it is.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
None of that bothers me, however. That's just the way it is.

EXACTLY!! Well put.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:08 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Actually I agree. The offensive line takes "perfect" angles. They take better angles than your defensive players sometimes. Your guys do not block as well when you get an INT like last year either. I've run smack over some of them because they are standing around. I have returned a few for TD's, but alot of the times, I see a center get on the tailcoats of my CB that has 92 speed. I mean right on him. Come on now VC.
I played O-line and we see the passes getting picked off and most of the time know it before most players on the field know it. Thats why they get good angles. O-linemen aren't dumb either. Playing Defense is easier compared to playing Offense too. Even though getting an INT is bad O-linemen love to get some payback and enjoy getting the chance to hit people. Just because you don't see O-linemen running around at full speed all the time they can run. Do I think default settings have O-linemen pursuit a little high. Yes but thats what sliders are for. Before someone cries "but the sliders don't work" they work fine for me and thats all I care about. I could give a rats back parts about you lol.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I played O-line and we see the passes getting picked off and most of the time know it before most players on the field know it. Thats why they get good angles.

Then you also know that when a DB is running by you full speed there is nothing you can do but watch. Knowing where and getting there and two toally different things. lol
Old 09-08-2004, 02:33 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23jp
Then you also know that when a DB is running by you full speed there is nothing you can do but watch. Knowing where and getting there and two toally different things. lol
And apparently he doesn't give a rat's back parts for your opinion, so don't even bother, bub.

There, SportsJuice, I saved you the trouble ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2004, 02:39 PM   #22
Pro

globalbeats7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Well, maybe I did sound a bit critical. But ace is correct. The O line players tend to have high consistency, which acts as a sort of acceleration rating to their already too high speed rating. Most should be 10 in speed, tops. And tackle ratings in this game are much more effective than last year – too much, actually. This year, a player with a 0 tackle rating and with the tackle slider at 0, can still tackle pretty good. Most O line players, QB’s, P’s, K’s, WR’s, HB’s etc should have tackle ratings between 1 and 10, realistically speaking.

this is by far the best football game on the market...but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth knowing that it could have been alot better...there are obvious little annoyances in core gameplay that i just could not understand how SEGA/VC could let this slide...dont get me wrong, this game is great...but when you have tons of people on these boards doing ratings changes or team based sliders, it borders insanity... a game should play great out of the box, period..no one should have to spend countless hours of his or her own time to achieve something that should have been done before the release of a game...especially a game that is somewhat built upon the same interface of previous versions...i never had trouble with the DB AI last year, so why is it the problem this year...wasnt this a problem with 2k3? so to me, it is just very sloppy and rushed programming in order to get more customers...thankfully, with the help of others on this board and the espn board, i made some ratings adjusments that have really improved the core gameplay...that along with my sliders have really worked well for me...it took me, however, around a month to get to this point...hopefully for 2k6, VC and Take Two will recognize they have more fans and can really focus on the game and not when to release it.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:23 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 10

You can't please everybody and if it played great straight out the box you wouldn't have a need for editing attributes and sliders. If having the game playing the way you think it should play means messing with the attributes and sliders then by all means. There is always going to be some aspect of the game someone won't totally like. You want perfect then go play in the real NFL.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:57 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I played O-line and we see the passes getting picked off and most of the time know it before most players on the field know it. Thats why they get good angles. O-linemen aren't dumb either. Playing Defense is easier compared to playing Offense too. Even though getting an INT is bad O-linemen love to get some payback and enjoy getting the chance to hit people. Just because you don't see O-linemen running around at full speed all the time they can run. Do I think default settings have O-linemen pursuit a little high. Yes but thats what sliders are for. Before someone cries "but the sliders don't work" they work fine for me and thats all I care about. I could give a rats back parts about you lol.
Yeah but the issue I'm bringing up is speed. I agree if you get one in the flats you are gone. But if you get one anywhere else, you aint gonna make it, even if no one is in front of you because the 65 speed Center is going to take a perfect angle and push you out of bounds at the 4 yd line LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »