Home

Just Bought An OG Xbox

This is a discussion on Just Bought An OG Xbox within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2019, 01:55 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Just Bought An OG Xbox

So, I bought ESPN NFL 2k5 and was playing it on my 360. I bought the transfer cable to get various rosters onto my hard drive. Well, I've decided to go retro and buy a lot of old games that I loved so I ended up getting an OG Xbox. I'm planning to make a couple of "enhancements" to it and am trying to figure out how I can get those rosters from my hard drive onto my OG Xbox?? I don't have an Action Replay. Is that the only way to do it? Or can I use a flash drive?

ETA

I also bought the USB to Xbox Controller cord. Would that help allow my USB to act as a Memory Card? If so, it should be as easy as using XPlorer 360 and loading the file onto the USB right?

Last edited by TarHeelPhenom; 07-12-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Just Bought An OG Xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
....and am trying to figure out how I can get those rosters from my hard drive onto my OG Xbox?? I don't have an Action Replay. Is that the only way to do it? Or can I use a flash drive?
If I remember correctly, you can FTP it from your PC, but I don't recall what FTP program is best.
Old 07-13-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
Rookie

The Red Scourge's Arena

OVR: 0
Just Bought An OG Xbox

I did it last year with a usb and hacked up controller cord. It took a lot of messing around. Mostly because the Xbox won’t recognize a lot of newer flash drives. If you can find and old one that is pretty small in size, that’s your best bet. I don’t remember where I got the tutorial from. It may be here on OS on how to do it. I’m pretty sure it was for NCAA Football. You’ll also download the Action Replay software.
Old 02-03-2020, 09:16 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 2

Years ago I had an OG XBox, but unfortunately it died on me. I did however keep all of my games (don't ask me why) and because of this I've recently ordered a used OG XBox console primarily to play the 2k5 game. It will be interesting to see what I like better, 2k5 (which I have never played before) or NCAA 07 (which was the main football game I played on my old console and for which I still have the disk for). I know the graphics for 2k5 and the XBox will be a step back from my PS4 (and PC), but from the YouTube videos I've seen on 2k5, the game play is better than Madden.
Old 02-05-2020, 12:15 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by My993C2
Years ago I had an OG XBox, but unfortunately it died on me. I did however keep all of my games (don't ask me why) and because of this I've recently ordered a used OG XBox console primarily to play the 2k5 game. It will be interesting to see what I like better, 2k5 (which I have never played before) or NCAA 07 (which was the main football game I played on my old console and for which I still have the disk for). I know the graphics for 2k5 and the XBox will be a step back from my PS4 (and PC), but from the YouTube videos I've seen on 2k5, the game play is better than Madden.
My "new to me" XBox console arrived yesterday and I did fire it up to play a NCAA 07 game. But now I wait for my "new to me" copy of NFL 2k5 game to arrive which might not be here until sometime next week. I am real curious to see how the game plays. I have seen YouTube videos, but I think having the actual game will be so much better. Kind of sad that the game play of a 16 year old game is still considered better than all the modern Madden iterations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2020, 09:40 AM   #6
MVP

My used NFL 2k5 game arrived yesterday and I am in agreement with many folks here, that 2k5 simply is the best football game ever made and it did not take me long to come to that conclusion. Now it's not perfect, and I need to tweak some sliders a little more though I have had a good start what with using sliders the user "questforsliders" created in the CPU vs CPU thread here on OS. But it's is amazing how good this 16 year old game is. Can you only imagine how good not only the 2k football game would be if they continued to make it year after year, but also one would assume that Madden would have also been better. EA and the NHL really did mess with us football fans when they gave EA the exclusive rights to the NFL. Boo hiss. :P

Here is to looking forward to many many hours of 2k5 football entertainment.
Old 04-20-2020, 11:52 AM   #7
Just started!

OVR: 0

Did you ever get the updated rosters running on your Xbox? I've recently started playing on my original Xbox and would love to have updated rosters. Any advice would help!
Old 04-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #8
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

the "enhanced" xbox should have a built in ftp program

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »