Home

Anyone know how to prevent the freezing problem after year 1?

This is a discussion on Anyone know how to prevent the freezing problem after year 1? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2004, 01:22 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Anyone know how to prevent the freezing problem after year 1?

I've actually made it to year 3 without a freeze, until today...What gives? The game won't allow me to goe further than week 9 of year 3...Any solutions? I don't want to restart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2004, 05:45 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Anyone know how to prevent the freezing problem after year 1?

Try using a custom playbook and see if the game will go. Both the in-game and playbook sub screens are broken this year. If you use the in-game sub screen, players get stuck in certain positions, and you have to manually un-sub them with each new game. Don’t use the in-game sub screen to sub players or you’ll risk permanently screwing up your roster. Use the depth chart and custom playbooks to make substitutions.

Also, depth charts can get messed up. After drafting, players on CPU teams are often stuck in double positions in the depth chart. My belief is that that freezes are happening in part because of players are stuck like this, and stuck in wrong positions – QB’s running back punts, etc.

And if you release/trade/change players, you have to be careful how you go about it. In one roster I released my punter and then signed another. But after that, the WR was stuck in the P position – the game defaulted to the WR when it couldn’t detect a P. So I loaded a saved roster, signed another punter first and then released my original punter. No problems.
Old 09-14-2004, 04:51 PM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

So you're saying the reason I can't get past game one of year one in my franchise (it always freezes as soon as the play-calling screen comes up in game 2) is because I use the in-game sub function? And that I need to create a custom playbook to use for my franchise in order to avoid this problem? Thanks,

Q*bert
Old 09-14-2004, 06:18 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

There are sub screen/depth chart issues with the game, and players get stuck in wrong or multiple positions. I don't think the default roster depth charts are even properly ordered. This is one problem that's causing the freeze issues - the game starts yelling: "You're jammin' me!"

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »