Home

More Ways to Get Realistic Stats

This is a discussion on More Ways to Get Realistic Stats within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2004, 12:42 PM   #9
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: More Ways to Get Realistic Stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICT
Have you ever seen a football game? Takes like 30 seconds for each play to start? I'm guessing you hate watching football on TV
Uhhh no..I just want to get the game over with..I want realism as much as the next guy,but this is an issue i don't care much about...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-12-2004, 02:01 PM   #10
Money Makin' Sonny

Ice Cream Truck's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
Uhhh no..I just want to get the game over with..I want realism as much as the next guy,but this is an issue i don't care much about...
Ummm why'd you post then? Lol sorry this was meant for those who actually needed help in this area of the game.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinceanity2k3
I agree. An accelerated clock would be nice and realistic stats would be great. But I don't have 3 hours a night to play one game. Not to mention that spending the majority of time watching cut scenes and waiting to snap the ball is a pretty boring way to play video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2004, 04:54 PM   #12
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Accelerated clock is awesome. I hope VC finally adds that next yr along with in-game save. However, they have alot of other major gameplay issues to correct first though...issues that are beyond the capacity of global roster edits, eq, and sliders to fix. Anyway, Thanks for the clock management strategy, ICT. It'll definitely help those who have the patience to use it.
That was a bit of sound strategy ICT and I do agree with Kanobi's remarks 100% somethings just are inheirtent to the games own play mechanics.

I usually play this way myself using 10 minute quarters so don't feel left out on your well posted "Clock Management" it is as close to playing the game TV style as it gets.

If one is patient and really appreciates the presentations in the game then they'd see this. Because it is an ESPN TV Style and it shines thru to take full advantage of this and see the real beauty of the games polished style is just pure joy and a Marvel to relish in its Style, Presentation and Delivery.

Its too bad some of use miss all of this by not exercising a certain patience and tempo but thats OK, in my younger days I too was a bit in a hurry to just play and missed out on a lot of wonderful gameplaying moments.

Today I'm older and play a more mature style using and appreciating the efforts by others in creating a full blown gaming experience as presented by Sega/VC, in any case your post was most appreciated by me and I'm sure there are others who would agree with you or as Kanobi stated:

"Thanks for the clock management strategy, ICT. It'll definitely help those who have the patience to use it."

Holla Back ya'll
Old 09-12-2004, 05:21 PM   #13
Money Makin' Sonny

Ice Cream Truck's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickster101
That was a bit of sound strategy ICT and I do agree with Kanobi's remarks 100% somethings just are inheirtent to the games own play mechanics.

I usually play this way myself using 10 minute quarters so don't feel left out on your well posted "Clock Management" it is as close to playing the game TV style as it gets.

If one is patient and really appreciates the presentations in the game then they'd see this. Because it is an ESPN TV Style and it shines thru to take full advantage of this and see the real beauty of the games polished style is just pure joy and a Marvel to relish in its Style, Presentation and Delivery.

Its too bad some of use miss all of this by not exercising a certain patience and tempo but thats OK, in my younger days I too was a bit in a hurry to just play and missed out on a lot of wonderful gameplaying moments.

Today I'm older and play a more mature style using and appreciating the efforts by others in creating a full blown gaming experience as presented by Sega/VC, in any case your post was most appreciated by me and I'm sure there are others who would agree with you or as Kanobi stated:

"Thanks for the clock management strategy, ICT. It'll definitely help those who have the patience to use it."

Holla Back ya'll

That was so well put I have to give you 2 thumbs up and reputation points!

Thanks
Old 09-12-2004, 07:09 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 31
Icon14 Re: More Ways to Get Realistic Stats

You guys aren't alone, I play the same way.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:02 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Instead of seeking realistic drive times you should just aim for realistic play numbers during the course of a game. In an NFL game there are about 120 offensive plays called. Thus if you want a realistic number of plays you need to get about 4 plays per minute of game time on 8 minute quarters. When trying for the milestones that require it, that's what I do. I institute a self play clock of about 15 seconds after a completed pass or running play. However, when I am not worried about milestones I play 10 minute quarters and take my time selecting plays.

Also on defense, Always wait for the CPU to select their play, it sounds stupid, but your defense does actually get some rest and won't be as fatigued for the next play if you wait to call your play. If you call you defensive play within 5 seconds, that's practically like the offense running no huddle on you all day long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2004, 10:40 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't care so much about the clock as getting a realistic number of total plays in the game. In previous games I've used 7 minute quarters. I'd imagine 7 or 8 minute quarters would probably produce an average number of total plays that I want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »