Home

The new Sunday Night Football Layouts/Graphics

This is a discussion on The new Sunday Night Football Layouts/Graphics within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2004, 08:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
The new Sunday Night Football Layouts/Graphics

This is nitpicking at its finest, but wouldn't VC/Sega have some kind of communication with ESPN about their layouts and graphics changing for the new season? It would have been cool to see the ones on tonight's game. Sunday Countdown's new set and all the new graphics for Sunday Night Football apply here. I just figured if they knew about it, the new stuff would have been in the game to have a little symetry(sp?) to the actual broadcasts. Once again this is nitpicking like crazy, so I know that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2004, 09:11 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The new Sunday Night Football Layouts/Graphics

Nah, I agree.

Just changed it there now... looking at a pause in the game due to an injury, but I'll check out these layouts to see exactly how they changed. You're right, though. They should communicate with ESPN or whoever makes the layout stuffs.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-12-2004, 09:13 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Would have been cool.

Except for the press box shot, which makes it look as though Summerall et al. are floating in mid-air.
Old 09-12-2004, 09:18 PM   #4
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Oh, by the way, if this game continues the way that it has after the 1st quarter, like, if KC is on pace to score a TD and PAT every quarter, while Denver continues to kick a FG every quarter, ESPN Videogames would have been VERY close to their prediction:

http://espnvideogames.com/news/movie.php?id=817
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-12-2004, 09:40 PM   #5
M*c *dd*ct

OVR: 7

Defintly ESPN and VC should go with the new designs, but it won't happen. The reason being is because mostly the new design/motion graphics were just finished. They probably started the project back in May or June to debut for the new season. (Yes I work in motion graphics/editing field so I know this stuff)

Currently Playing:
  • Madden NFL 2007 [360]
  • Guild Wars [PC]
  • The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion [360]
  • Enchanted Arms (soon) [360]
Freelance Graphic / Web Designer - Website coming soon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2004, 10:34 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 28

Straight from the source, a question asked by a forum memeber answered by people on the development team:

Quote:
Silver Gecko
Q: As everyone should know by now, SportsCenter has it's new set and presentation style, and if anyone didn't know the NFL set is going to be all new with the new look as well, so is any of that going to make it into this year's game, or is still going to be the old look?

A: We’ll have the look that everyone has burned onto their retinas from watching it over the past few years. The development cycle’s timing demands we do this, but I think you’ll find it very agreeable just the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »