Home

AI draft logic needs major work.

This is a discussion on AI draft logic needs major work. within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2004, 08:00 PM   #1
cam
Rookie

OVR: 1
AI draft logic needs major work.

Anyone notice the bad AI 1st round draft pick in Franchise?

Here are the many problems I found with CPU drafting in the 1st round:
1) 3 seasons in a row, the AI are drafting 2/3 of players approx 60 rating when there are many plus 70 rated players available.
2) On my third year, of 32 teams, approx. 13 HB and 12 DE picked 1st rd.
3) What you see in Mel mock draft is actually what the CPU will pick in the actual draft order. What's even worst is the player (CB) Mel mentioned to be the #1 pick in the pre-draft sportscenter ended up undrafted in the 1st round with a rating of 83.
4) The lowest rating in 1st rd I saw the CPU picked was a HB rated 59 at 28th pick.
5) For 1st rd pick, NO QB pick in my 2rd season and only 1 pick in my 3rd season.
6) I am able to build a power house franchise through draft after my 3rd seasons. Every seasons, I trade all my 1st round pick and get as many 2rd round as possible. Because it is where I can get player with plus 70 rating.
7) I drafted 6 players in 2rd round w/ rating between 74 and 78. a 3rd round player with rating of 74 (SS), top 6 player in the draft.
8) All 2rd round pick will accept offers less than 1 million per season even for 80 rated players if you give them 7 years contract.

This is pathetic. In real NFL, if the QM picked this bad, he wouldn't have last one season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2004, 02:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: AI draft logic needs major work.

Players fall and rise in the draft all the time. R. Moss, W. Sapp, Sean Taylor, Steven Jackson, Vince Wilfork. Now 1st rd busts just pick a few heishman winners. The draft is a crapshoot. Plain and simple.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »