Home

I have solved the issue of sliders not working in Franchise

This is a discussion on I have solved the issue of sliders not working in Franchise within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2021, 09:26 PM   #1
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

OVR: 0
I have solved the issue of sliders not working in Franchise

So I bought ESPN 2k5 on a whim the other day from my retro game store. For years (starting in 2004) I have always wondered why the CPU plays so crappy in franchise mode. Then I had an epiphany and after days of testing, I can confirm that this works.

The problem lies when you go into franchise mode, even if you have saved your sliders and they load in with you, the sliders are not "activated." In order to activate them, do the following:

Have a set of sliders that you want to use and program them in. You can even save them if you want to. I suggest these:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ix-2k14-2.html

Load into franchise mode with whatever options you want. Doesn't matter.

When you are at the franchise main screen (the coach's desk), go into options and go to the sliders. Change them to legend and back out to the main franchise screen (coach's desk).

Go back into options and go to the sliders. From there change them back to custom. Back out to the main franchise screen again. From there, play your game.

After that point the game should play dramatically better. From my experience, you shouldn't have to do it again until you exit the franchise you are in and then load it back.

I hope this helps you all enjoy the game immensely better. It is now my favorite football game to play. This is why people could never find a set of sliders that were consistent.

Let me know if this method works for you as well.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that for my testing I used the last official roster update from Visual Concepts and I played on Xbox 360.

Last edited by PeoplesChampGB; 09-29-2021 at 09:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2021, 02:29 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: I have solved the issue of sliders not working in Franchise

I want to ask same question...i want to see good awnser here. Thanks
Old 10-17-2021, 09:58 AM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: I have solved the issue of sliders not working in Franchise

I don't think I'm falling victim to a placebo effect when I say that sliders have heavily impacted my game when I adjust them. If I minimize or maximize the kicking slider, I'll see a drastic change in my kicking bar's speed. No crazy button combination needed.

That being said, people on here always wondered if you used a certain difficulty preset then tweaked custom sliders based on that changed the nature of the game (like Rookie vs. Legend). I don't know the answer to that still, but I always begin on All Pro just in case.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »