Home

Old 02-15-2020, 10:36 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
PCSX2 Newbie Here

I just recently installed PCSX2 and was looking to play NFL 2K5. I have the original game disc on an OG PS2, but would like to have this on PC. I know about the rom sites being shutdown, but wanted to ask the community if anyone can share some pointers on how I can go about getting a legit playable version for PC? Any advice would be appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2020, 10:40 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: PCSX2 Newbie Here

The game was not made for the PC, so there is no legit version.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

PCSX2 reads discs. Stick it in your DVD drive and you can play it off that. You just need to switch "CDVD" from "Iso" to "Plugin" and then it'll use the CDVD plugin to read the disc, assuming you have the proper plugin selected.

If the load times are bothering you, you could also look into software that rips an ISO from your disc and then you can have it read that ISO, but I can't say much on that. I think some version of Windows come with the ability to do this already though?
Old 02-15-2020, 10:46 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflyboys
The game was not made for the PC, so there is no legit version.
Thanks for the reply.
Excuse my poor choice of wording, but what I meant was an alternate means of retrieving a copy of the game considering the site shutdowns. I understand the game was never officially released for PC.

Last edited by DaReapa; 02-15-2020 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-15-2020, 10:50 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmack82
PCSX2 reads discs. Stick it in your DVD drive and you can play it off that. You just need to switch "CDVD" from "Iso" to "Plugin" and then it'll use the CDVD plugin to read the disc, assuming you have the proper plugin selected.

If the load times are bothering you, you could also look into software that rips an ISO from your disc and then you can have it read that ISO, but I can't say much on that. I think some version of Windows come with the ability to do this already though?
Thanks mack.
I was hoping to be able to play without having to constantly load the disc, so if I can rip the ISO, that would be great. Is there any safe software you can recommend? Again, excuse my ignorance as I'm new to this PCSX2 thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »