Home

Draft tips, faqs?

This is a discussion on Draft tips, faqs? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2004, 07:20 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Draft tips, faqs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie23
first round picks aren't really that useful...

trade them for 2nd round picks unless you NEED a qb, t, or especially rb and de.

comps draft nothing but the aforementioned positions in the 1st round
I FINALLY SEE THAT FOLKS LIE OUT THEIR @$$ OR JUST HAVE DIFFERENT RESULT WITH THEIR GAME..

in my draft--their where other positions picked first....c,g,t, no fb's but every other position.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:01 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

No their is a first round glitch were only like 5 positions are drafted, in the second round its gone.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:42 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by solja
I FINALLY SEE THAT FOLKS LIE OUT THEIR @$$ OR JUST HAVE DIFFERENT RESULT WITH THEIR GAME...
Will the admin of this site deal with this person in the appropriate manner, please? Take his beer and tequila away or something. Better yet, grab his keyboard.

Vinny is correct, and it's only four positions: QB, HB, T and DE. And just to be sure, I just simmed a draft here are the results: DE, QB, QB, QB, HB, T, T, T, T, HB, T, T, HB, DE, T, DE... should I go on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2004, 12:44 PM   #12
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

About a month ago I posted a similar post as I too was new to ESPN. The best advice that I got were two things.

1. The rookies are NOT sorted by overall talent level during scouting or the draft. But you can leave these at anytime and go to the rookie report, where the rookies ARE SORTED by estimated talent level. This is very helpful in scouting. If you are looking to take a CB in the first two rounds you may want to scout the first couple CBs. If you are waiting until the middle rounds you might want to scout CBs 10-15. You get the idea.

2. Always watch sportscenter before the draft AND DURING THE DRAFT. After each round, sportscenter will change and will now list the top picks available. I think this might be a glitch in the game, because if your in the 5th round, the sportscenter will say that "these are the players that will go in round one" but they'll list only players that haven't been drafted to that point. Thus, they are giving you the list of best available players. It may or may not be a glitch, but take advantage of it by exiting the draft after each round and watching sportscenter.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:16 PM   #13
Rookie

HellBass's Arena

OVR: 2

Since we're talking about this stuff, are you able to edit the rookies after the draft is over? I don't remember being able to, but maybe I just don't know how to do it.

Thanks ya'all,
CBASS
Old 09-22-2004, 01:33 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

You can only edit them before the draft, from the Big Board.

One thing I haven't tried is leaving the draft when it's my pick, going to the Big Board and editing someone, then returning to the draft and drafting him. I'd love to see if that works or not.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertekal
You can only edit them before the draft, from the Big Board.

One thing I haven't tried is leaving the draft when it's my pick, going to the Big Board and editing someone, then returning to the draft and drafting him. I'd love to see if that works or not.

me too. Makes me curious. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this for a while.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2004, 04:08 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
me too. Makes me curious. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this for a while.

I do that all the time, i dont edit ratings, but i usually edit my guys name and equipment, stuff like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »