Home

Someone help me!

This is a discussion on Someone help me! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2004, 12:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Someone help me!

Okay so earlier I was playing espn nfl 2k5 and it worked good as it usually does, than I did some other things and a few hours later I come back to play and it wont work. I cant get pass the white espn nfl 2k5 where it shows t.o. and where it loads the vip. The little box comes up that says succesfully loaded the vip file then I cant get passed that white screen. After a few seconds it just goes black and nothing happens. I cant understand whats going on. I keep my games in preety decent shape and this game doesnt have nearly as much scrathes as my other games and they play just like new. Can anyone help me out here, what should i do? Oh and i have the ps2 version of the game, if that matters at all.

Last edited by bengals0685; 09-20-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2004, 01:28 PM   #2
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Someone help me!

sounds like you are starting to have the same problem with your PS2 as I have. It sounds like the DVD drive is going bad, actually it's something internally in the Drive that wears out. I knew exactly what it was, but it's been so long since I fooled with it that I have forgotten. The first thing I would do is clean your lense and see if that helps. Does it make any kind of popping sounds?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
sounds like you are starting to have the same problem with your PS2 as I have. It sounds like the DVD drive is going bad, actually it's something internally in the Drive that wears out. I knew exactly what it was, but it's been so long since I fooled with it that I have forgotten. The first thing I would do is clean your lense and see if that helps. Does it make any kind of popping sounds?
When you said clean your lense what do you mean by that and how do I do that? Sorry i`m not to smart when it comes to this kind of stuff. But it makes the same sound as any other game does I think its a popping noise and i`ve tried a few other games out like nfl 2k4 which has a lot of scrathes and smudges and it loaded fine.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:46 PM   #4
MVP

jpup's Arena

There is a walkthrough at Gamefaqs to clean your lense. I'll see if I can find it. If that doesn't fix it, it's probably your DVD drive. BTW, how do you get scratches on your games? Put them in the case after you take them out of your system. I have games from launch day that still look brand new.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

jpup's Arena

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/26308.html

copy and paste that into your browser's address bar. That will give you a perfect walkthrough in cleaning the lense. Be aware that this will void your warranty.

go to Lord Atomic's FAQ
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2004, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
There is a walkthrough at Gamefaqs to clean your lense. I'll see if I can find it. If that doesn't fix it, it's probably your DVD drive. BTW, how do you get scratches on your games? Put them in the case after you take them out of your system. I have games from launch day that still look brand new.
I have no idea how I get scrathes on my game I treat them well but I have 4 little brothers and they dont take good care of anything, but like I said it played good earlier today then when it started freezing I examined the disc and found some scrathes i never seen before on it.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:52 PM   #7
MVP

jpup's Arena

read my post above your last one.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:56 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
read my post above your last one.
Why not just pick up a cheap lens cleaning CD. So he doesn't have to open up the PS2. I've never had a problem with my launch ps2 that cleaning the disc or using a lens cleaning disc didn't solve.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »