Home

How can I improve the picture quality/ visuals of this game (playing on xbox 360)

This is a discussion on How can I improve the picture quality/ visuals of this game (playing on xbox 360) within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2020, 08:28 AM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
How can I improve the picture quality/ visuals of this game (playing on xbox 360)

Back to playing this game, but I REALLY would LOVE to play this game with better visuals. It's not too bad the way i have it now, but no where near as clean and crisp as the videos I see on youtube of people playing this game these days. I would like to at least be able to read the player names on the back of the jersey as teams are walking up to the line of scrimmage. I am playing this game on a 360 and on a Vizio e48-c2. Xbox is set to 1080p. I have tried setting my 360 to 480p and using xbox component cables. The best i can get it is where i have it now with hdmi connect on 1080p....but i still get alot of jagged edges on the players and i can't make out player names on the back of the jerseys at the LOS.

Is there something i am missing here?

If anyone has a solution, i would greatly appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 01:36 PM   #2
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: How can I improve the picture quality/ visuals of this game (playing on xbox 360)

The game was built to play in 720p on a 4:3 resolution. Anything outside of that and you could get distortion, picture being too crisp and these guys who go wide screen and a game not built for wide screen are only fooling themselves.
Old 04-01-2020, 04:58 PM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How can I improve the picture quality/ visuals of this game (playing on xbox 360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
Back to playing this game, but I REALLY would LOVE to play this game with better visuals. It's not too bad the way i have it now, but no where near as clean and crisp as the videos I see on youtube of people playing this game these days. I would like to at least be able to read the player names on the back of the jersey as teams are walking up to the line of scrimmage. I am playing this game on a 360 and on a Vizio e48-c2. Xbox is set to 1080p. I have tried setting my 360 to 480p and using xbox component cables. The best i can get it is where i have it now with hdmi connect on 1080p....but i still get alot of jagged edges on the players and i can't make out player names on the back of the jerseys at the LOS.

Is there something i am missing here?

If anyone has a solution, i would greatly appreciate it.
If you can get your hands on an Elgato Xbox 360 video capture card and run the game through that...it's beautiful!!!
Old 04-01-2020, 05:35 PM   #4
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
If you can get your hands on an Elgato Xbox 360 video capture card and run the game through that...it's beautiful!!!
This is what i was looking for! Thank you for your suggestion. I will see if i can find one!
Old 04-02-2020, 11:00 AM   #5
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
This is what i was looking for! Thank you for your suggestion. I will see if i can find one!
Trust me you won't be disappointed. I have the Elgato HD60 brand. I bought it a couple of years back off of Amazon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2021, 04:11 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
I know it's more than a year since the last reply to this thread, but does anyone know if one of these Elgato HD 60 capture cards will actually make NFL 2k5 look better? I'm willing to try it, but it seems like these capture cards are meant for streaming video games rather than enhancing the video output.

Thanks in advance if anyone reads this and responds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »