Home

Why is McNabb returning kicks/punts??

This is a discussion on Why is McNabb returning kicks/punts?? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2004, 12:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Why is McNabb returning kicks/punts??

Will this happen even if you don't do a fantasy draft for your franchise? I haven't run into the QB thing, but in my Lions franchise I played the Cardinals in the middle of the year, and they had Emmit Smith returning kicks. I don't mind their #1 HB returning kicks (although it is unusual to have your starter as a return man), but Emmit wasn't their best return guy or their fastest runner....I'm just wondering why the CPU put him as the returner.
Also, will I start to run into a bunch of weird depth chart stuff like this as I get into my franchise?
I like the gameplay and graphics so much better than Madden, but this would kill the franchise for me if Rex Grossman starts returning kicks or playing Fullback for the Bears.

Halidon72
Old 09-29-2004, 08:17 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halidon72
Will this happen even if you don't do a fantasy draft for your franchise? I haven't run into the QB thing, but in my Lions franchise I played the Cardinals in the middle of the year, and they had Emmit Smith returning kicks. I don't mind their #1 HB returning kicks (although it is unusual to have your starter as a return man), but Emmit wasn't their best return guy or their fastest runner....I'm just wondering why the CPU put him as the returner. Also, will I start to run into a bunch of weird depth chart stuff like this as I get into my franchise?
I don’t believe it’s just a fantasy draft issue but I could be wrong. The CPU has trouble ordering depth charts, period. The only way to ensure it doesn’t happen would probably be to choose every team, in order to have the ability to manage depth charts if needed. Releasing players and then re-assigning them to a team might help get QB’s off the punt return team, but again you have to have control of the team. Plus I know this doesn’t always work -- the player will sometimes show up again in the wrong position the moment you resign him.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:30 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

This only seems to affect the kick return positions.

Is it really that big of a deal if rex grossman is returning kicks? I agree it's dumb and shouldn't be that way. But to say it RUINS your franchise game? That seems like a bit of over-reaction. Now, if it did affect other positions, that could be a different story...but I've only seen it in kick returns.

Heck, Payton Manning returned a punt for a touchdown on me this morning. My coverage team did a terrible job, and they got burnt just like they should have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2004, 11:39 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki
Heck, Payton Manning returned a punt for a touchdown on me this morning. My coverage team did a terrible job, and they got burnt just like they should have.
Must have been his 66 Speed and 64 Agility. 36 Speed and 24 Agility is more like it.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Don't need too much speed when you've got a gang of offensive tackles trying to catch up to you.

Like I said, my coverage team did terrible...all the fast guys collapsed right into a wall of blockers and one missed (user) tackle was all it took.

Honestly, I'm not complaining that he returned it for a TD because he should have. It was terrible coverage, like I said, and anyone back there should have returned it for a TD.

I guess my point is, that even though many of the guys returning kicks SHOULDN'T be back there doing it, they can still break one on you if your coverage is bad enough.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »