Home

Turnovers are KILLING ME!

This is a discussion on Turnovers are KILLING ME! within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2004, 12:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
Turnovers are KILLING ME!

I love this game, I haven't had this much fun with a video game in a long time, but the turnovers seem to be a problem. I am in my first season with the Bears, just completed Week 4 and I am 2-2. Losing 2 games doesn't bother me, I don't like to master games anyways. What does bother me is I commit way too many turnovers and it makes the game very difficult to play.

Case in point, Week 4 vs. the Eagles. I am up 16-14 with about 5:00 left in the game, I play 12:00 Qtrs. I have the ball and its 3rd and 7, so I decide to play it safe and throw a screen pass - result, a fumble. The Eagles drive and score a TD, their up 21-16 with about 2:50 left in the game. On my next possession, I complete a mid-range pass which takes me to about my 35. On the next play, I have a WR running a deep post and he splits the zone - I throw the pass, lead him to the middle (away from the FS) and the FS circles around him and picks it off. The FS wasn't even in position to make that play, but he did. The Eagles drive and kick a FG, now its 24-16. No big deal, I still have time (:53) to drive, score and go for 2. On my last possession, first play, my TE splits the zone on a go pattern - I throw him the ball, lead him a little so he can catch it in stride and the ball bounces off his hands, which is picked by the FS. GAME OVER!

Through 4 games, I have thrown 8 picks and lost 6 fumbles. Of my 8 picks, only about 3 or 4 can be contributed to my play, the others are because of the AI - with there incredible ability to super plays. I don't get these breaks against the AI Offense. Is there a slider setting that will take care of this. Right now I have the AI coverage set on 4, as well as, the pursuit. I don't mind losing games, but it seems like there are just some games the AI won't let me have a fighting chance of winning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2004, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Turnovers are KILLING ME!

it comes with practice. espn games require practice. learn your playbook and know where the routes are. set your feet on passes and put the right touch on. after a while you will start reading the defense better and the turnovers will lessen. at first, i had more TO's now i go games without a pick. but everytime i throw one now i know it was my fault and why.

also, try downloading the new rosters. there seem to be less turnovers with those.

lastly, some are turning the int slider down to zero and dropping coverage down.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:13 PM   #3
Pro

stAte's Arena

OVR: 6

One game i played had 16 interceptions. I threw nine and the opponent threw seven. It was just one of those games. Amazing that I won a game with nine interceptions...
Old 09-27-2004, 01:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
I don't get these breaks against the AI Offense. Is there a slider setting that will take care of this. Right now I have the AI coverage set on 4, as well as, the pursuit. I don't mind losing games, but it seems like there are just some games the AI won't let me have a fighting chance of winning.
Wow. That's low Coverage, given all the INT's. If you use the shoulder charge you'll fumble more. The higher the Pursuit sliders, the more fumbles (doesn’t sound like that's the problem). Some HB's have ridiculously low ratings – that can be an issue.

I play with my INT slider @ 40 because I like the pressure of passing ONLY when it’s clear the guy has a shot at catching it. Two nights ago, I’m watching, watching, watching my WR head long and watching, watching, watching the FS head over in his direction and my mind is saying DON’T PASS! But my twitchy left finger pulls the trigger anyway and… it’s intercepted!

You have to be selective, is the lesson.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:06 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Maybe it is me, but I have seen some questionable picks from the AI - ones that leave you feeling like the AI just molested you or something. If you could see the last two picks in my game against the Eagles, you'd tell me I got robbed - theres just no way those should have happened. The first one, it looked like the FS just appeared in front of my receiver - then I watched the replay and theres no way a person could circle in front of someone like that without running into the receiver and knocking him down. The second one, the one that bounced off my TE's hands, it just happened to fly forward 10 yards in the direction of the FS for the pick. He had no one around him for 10 yards, he split the zone for crying out loud. And I can't tell you how many times a LB has leaped to pick-off one of my passes, at least twice, they have a better vertical and better hands than my receivers. Also, I have only completed 51% of my passes because my guys can't hang on to the ball after getting hit or they drop the pass. It seems like my receivers get seperated from the ball way too much and drop to many balls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2004, 02:14 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Maybe it is me, but I have seen some questionable picks from the AI - ones that leave you feeling like the AI just molested you or something.
No, it's not you. You're being molested. The game is INT happy this year - it's programmed in, and you can't do anything about it except break controllers or drink (drugs might help too).

Just... be... very... careful... passing...
Old 09-27-2004, 02:23 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

And this is killing the Coach Mode. I have restarted so many times, I can't even count. I'am still trying to finish editing the rosters, so that may help with the Int, but trying to find the right sliders is useless in coach mode.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:47 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplepower_NC
And this is killing the Coach Mode. I have restarted so many times, I can't even count. I'am still trying to finish editing the rosters, so that may help with the Int, but trying to find the right sliders is useless in coach mode.
Nope, sliders cannot make Coach mode work. The only way I've found to make Coach mode work is to drop Tackle ratings and Agility ratings by 50% (some positions even higher) except for the stars. Bonus: the lower Agility makes for smoother animations, which makes watching games with the demo camera really cool!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »