Home

Interesting observation about roster edits & franchise

This is a discussion on Interesting observation about roster edits & franchise within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2004, 01:01 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Interesting observation about roster edits & franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
I wasn't lying in my original post. Maybe you should simulate through the draft and check the ratings of the rookies after the draft. Well I checked all the ratings again after the pre-season and a couple of guys had an increased (mostly only by 1 or 2) catch or aggressiveness rating but most of the players still had a zero rating.
My apologies… I loaded up my Zero roster – all ratings @ 0 – and when the draft came around the highest any rookie was rated in any category was 3! Good stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2004, 10:33 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

there is definitely some hardcoded events that can't be altered no matter what you do.

testing it is simple. set the interceptions slider to 0. if this slider worked correctly, then at 0 there would be no picks at all. yet everyone knows your team can still get ~5 per game.

it's inconsistent also since some of the other sliders actually affect gameplay like they should.

VC just needs to fix the interception slider and no one will have to go through the extreme amount of work to get things right.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:19 AM   #27
Rookie

Setting the sliders to 0 does not mean there should be 0 interceptions.

Following that logic, if you set the running slider to 0 then your RBs couldn't move. If you set the passing slider to 0 then your QB couldn't even throw.

In my opinion, you don't understand how the sliders work. Setting them to 0 means there is no artifical boost to the players abilities, and there is no artificial "dumbing down" of any players.

So, at slider settings of 0, the players will play exactly at their ability.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:09 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki
So, at slider settings of 0, the players will play exactly at their ability.
Setting the Injury slider @ 0 gets you 0 injuries. I wouldn't call that "the game playing exactly to real life". Plus, when the Passiing slider is @ 0, all QB's play like A.J. Feeley, only worse if such a thing can be imagined.

Realistic might be sliders @ 20 or so, but definately not 0, IMO.
Old 10-01-2004, 12:15 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEX
there is definitely some hardcoded events that can't be altered no matter what you do.

testing it is simple. set the interceptions slider to 0. if this slider worked correctly, then at 0 there would be no picks at all. yet everyone knows your team can still get ~5 per game.

it's inconsistent also since some of the other sliders actually affect gameplay like they should.
My QB's are all have very high ratings. My DB's all have Catch @ 0. My Passing slider is @ 32 and my INT slider is at 0. In 6 minutes of CPU vs CPU football last night, McCown threw 3 INT's, all three of which were phony, into-the-DB's-arms INT's.

Hard-coded, absolutely. Next experiment: find out if it's hard-coded into certain plays, or into the various QB's, or...
Old 10-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung
I wasn't lying in my original post. Maybe you should simulate through the draft and check the ratings of the rookies after the draft.
So, just to let you know: I loaded my edited roster, ran a franchise year, drafted then looked at ratings. While all my Vet DB’s have 0 Catch, my rookie DB’s have Catch ratings up into the 50’s. The highest my Vet players Strength and Tackle ratings are, is 35. My rookies go up into the 80’s in both categories. And so on. So it appears the game doesn’t draw the rookie ratings form the previous player ratings, only.

Cool that Finn’s editor let’s you edit franchise ratings! Wow!
Old 10-01-2004, 01:01 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Hard-coded, absolutely.
Hardly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2004, 01:11 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEX
JohnEX - I forgiot to mention... check some of the posts of the guys around here that have, like, 2200 posts - the house experts I like to think of them as. They'll tell you this stuff is definately hard-coded :-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »