Home

What routes are considered "money" or "cheese" vs. CPU?

This is a discussion on What routes are considered "money" or "cheese" vs. CPU? within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2004, 08:11 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
What routes are considered "money" or "cheese" vs. CPU?

I am statrting a franchise, but before I do it I want to know what routes are considered cheap and work all the time. This is with HUM Pass at 0 and CPU Coverage at 40. SO far i havent really found any that work all of the time, but I know last year slants and posts were almost always a money play and I dont want to be cheap against the CPU by taking advantage of any routes that cant be stopped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2004, 08:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: What routes are considered "money" or "cheese" vs. CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike06
I am statrting a franchise, but before I do it I want to know what routes are considered cheap and work all the time. This is with HUM Pass at 0 and CPU Coverage at 40. SO far i havent really found any that work all of the time, but I know last year slants and posts were almost always a money play and I dont want to be cheap against the CPU by taking advantage of any routes that cant be stopped.

cpu ability, playbooks, situation, will all come into play when determining a "money" play, so it will be different for everyone, but...

I've noticed that the cpu has trouble covering the medium depth route over the middle and my all time money play...

1. Call a running play.
2. If the cpu cb's are playing about 10 yards off a receiver audible to a pass play.
3. If the cb's stay in position...
4. Hot route the wr to a slant out.
5. Snap...three step drop...fire to the WIDE OPEN receiver.

this is not my line, but I think it's appropriate..."Rinse, repeat, Touchdown!"
Old 09-30-2004, 12:20 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by julfpenet
cpu ability, playbooks, situation, will all come into play when determining a "money" play, so it will be different for everyone, but...

I've noticed that the cpu has trouble covering the medium depth route over the middle and my all time money play...

1. Call a running play.
2. If the cpu cb's are playing about 10 yards off a receiver audible to a pass play.
3. If the cb's stay in position...
4. Hot route the wr to a slant out.
5. Snap...three step drop...fire to the WIDE OPEN receiver.

this is not my line, but I think it's appropriate..."Rinse, repeat, Touchdown!"

Disregard my last and check out the following post.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...=1#post1218940
Old 09-30-2004, 06:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

ESPN NFL 2K5 is ruined again by very bad CPU AI. The zone coverages are not realistic due to the HUGE gaps in coverage. There are even times when the DBs will run away from receivers which is very disappointing. We have a beautiful game with great presentation, great sound, lots of options, but very bad CPU AI and this is not limited to the DB AI only. The game though has LOTS of potential, but the coverages need to be redone completely and the defensive players need to have more awareness. Hopefully these issues will finally be addressed for NFL 2K6 because many of them were in NFL 2K4 as well.

Because of the huge gaps in the zone defenses and poor defensive back awareness most passes over the middle (10 to 15 yard range) are VERY high percentage plays. This includes the quick inside slants and post. VERY VERY disappointing because this was a problem in NFL 2K4 as well.

Last edited by LIGHTNING; 09-30-2004 at 06:17 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »