Home

Does anyone own both 2k5 & Madden? Which is better....

This is a discussion on Does anyone own both 2k5 & Madden? Which is better.... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2004, 08:35 AM   #9
Pro

grtwhtsk's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Does anyone own both 2k5 & Madden? Which is better....

I like them both, but give the nod to ESPN.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #10
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

So the posters in the ESPN forum actually prefer ESPN? Wow, didn't see that one coming...

Seriously noplace, if you are sincere in seeking opinions about both games you would be better served posting this question in the Football (Other) forum, as opposed to one dedicated to a specific game.

Last edited by coogrfan; 10-05-2004 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:51 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Or you can sign up for a free videogame rental trial at Gamefly.com and rent out both, and try them out for yourself. Other people's opinion may help in your decision, but it will always come down to how you actually feel about the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 10:29 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

Just play them both. Both of them have their positives and negatives. I think ESPN plays a little more realistically than Madden and the running and passing game is outstanding, but i think Madden's franchise is tighter, plus you can import draft classes from NCAA into Madden.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:45 AM   #13
Pro

GoldSox's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
Madden's Franchise mode is awesome especially when importing NCAA 2005 players....I enjoy Madden and ESPN about the same but i find it very hard to play multiple seasons in ESPN, much better for single seasons or exhibition games though
DreBly hit the nail on the head. I own both and play both. For single season or single game, ESPN is the best. For multiple seasons, Madden holds the slight edge. If, however, you don't care about importing NCAA 2005 players or don't mind playing with "imaginary" rookies, go with ESPN.
Old 10-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I love both games. I'm playing Madden with my current Franchise. Espn has some glitches that are annoying like D. Mcnabb returning punts etc. but both are top notch games.

Thing I like about Madden more than ESPN:
1. Pre-season postion battles
2. Kicking is a lot more fun and not too easy like ESPN
3. Kick and Punt returns are more exciting and it is nice that the camera flips after the kick instead of the last second. You can actually plan your route before cathcing the ball.
4. Stadiums: Turf look much more realistic. I play as the Falcons and they have the regular turf in ESPN, not the new field turf
5. Franchise mode is better in every aspect

Things I like about ESPN more than Madden
1. Presentation is in a league of it's own
2. Grahpics are better and more crisp
3. Sports Center: enough said
4. Audibles: Very realistic , unlike Madden.
5. Running game is much better, no pinball running like Madden.

I have played a ton of both games and go back and forth. It's like deciding between 2 girls. one has a banging body and a little dingy, and the other is good looking with a great personality.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:55 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 5
Arrow Re: Does anyone own both 2k5 & Madden? Which is better....

I play both. My buddy has Madden and we have a multi-player franchise going on and I have a franchise going on ESPN - I am the Bears on both franchises. In my Madden franchise, I am 6-0 and my friend is 6-0 with the Bills. In my ESPN franchise, I am 3-3 with the Bears. Both games have their strength and weaknesses, however I personally give ESPN the edge. Madden has the better franchise mode, but ESPN has the better gameplay. I never lose in Madden, which makes me feel like I've mastered the game - which I don't like. I want a challenge and ESPN is much more challeging in this aspect. My buddy doesn't like ESPN because he does lose and he's one of those guys that likes to "game the game". However, the turnover glitch in ESPN is quite annoying and has cost me 2 of my 3 loses. But I can't stop playing ESPN, it is much more exciting and fun to play - and when you do win, you feel like you've earned it. So it's give and take - you take the weaknesses along with the strength of each game. Rent each one and see which one you prefer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2004, 10:35 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
I need a NFL game but undecided about which is best...ESPN looks better but how does it play in comparison to Madden?
ESPN poops on Madden...end of story

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »