Home

Anyway to challenge a play after the hurry up

This is a discussion on Anyway to challenge a play after the hurry up within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Anyway to challenge a play after the hurry up

This guy did a hurry up after every play which isnt what bothered me. What bothered me was I intercepted the ball and while running it back I fumbled it. The defender recovered it but was out of bounds. He immediately did the hurry up offense so I couldnt challenge the play. WTF? That pissed me off. He end up winning( he was up by 23 points) but I cameback and took the lead but he ended up coming out on top. Running the same 2 or 3 plays- toss left to Priest molesting every defender( fix that VC). Dropping back way out of the pocket and heaving it up. And of course the Hurry up. I give myself nothing but props when I win and blame VC win I lose.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyway to challenge a play after the hurry up

[quote=Running the same 2 or 3 plays- toss left to Priest molesting every defender( fix that VC). QUOTE]

The game is extremely unrealistic online since you can't adjust sliders. Many players take advantage of the flaws and use some of the leagues top backs to break tackle after tackle in the game. I only enjoy it when I find people who like to play sim style football also. It is annoying and I agree it should be fixed. It gives an otherwise great football sim an all too arcadey feel online. Good thing it can be corrected offline.

Also, I do not know if it will actually let you challenge it, but you could try using a timeout when he's trying to hurry it up and then call a time out. Howoever it still might not let you challenge and either way it cost you a timeout (and could cost you two if the game lets the play stand. many times it has let plays stand that are completely horrid calls.)
Old 10-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #3
Rookie

The funny thing is I used 2 of my TO trying to slow down the hurry up because my audibles didnt help any. Yes I did call a timeout after that happened but I didnt have any more. People say the hurry is part of the game but in the NFL they do it to keep the same defense on the field so they dont make changes or if they need to score fast. In this game they need to make fatique more apparent on offense.

I do use the Eagles and I do go to Owens more than any other receiver but I play a balanced game. I dont bomb every pass like most do. I dont drop way out of the pocket when not necessary nor do I abuse the QB scramble. This game still needs work.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:54 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabones1
The funny thing is I used 2 of my TO trying to slow down the hurry up because my audibles didnt help any. Yes I did call a timeout after that happened but I didnt have any more. People say the hurry is part of the game but in the NFL they do it to keep the same defense on the field so they dont make changes or if they need to score fast. In this game they need to make fatique more apparent on offense.

I do use the Eagles and I do go to Owens more than any other receiver but I play a balanced game. I dont bomb every pass like most do. I dont drop way out of the pocket when not necessary nor do I abuse the QB scramble. This game still needs work.
Well that is why you couldn't challenge, you must have at least 1 timeout to challenge a call in case you lose the challenge. It had nothing to do with him the hurry up. Why didn't you just press pause then go to the challenge menu?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
Well that is why you couldn't challenge, you must have at least 1 timeout to challenge a call in case you lose the challenge. It had nothing to do with him the hurry up. Why didn't you just press pause then go to the challenge menu?
You are missing my point. When someone is lined up at the LOS you cant pause the game online. You can do it offline though. You can only call a timeout. Therefore disableling the challenges. If you dont believe me when you think they are going to challenge the play just call a hurry up and they cant. Maybe you have to burn a timeout but I dont know if you can challenge it.

Last edited by hugabones1; 10-04-2004 at 09:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2004, 09:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugabones1
You are missing my point. When someone is lined up at the LOS you cant pause the game online. You can do it offline though. You can only call a timeout.
Well, then the fact you didn't have any timeouts is why you couldn't challenge. I have never played online so I didn't know the other.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
Well, then the fact you didn't have any timeouts is why you couldn't challenge. I have never played online so I didn't know the other.
Well I had one left. You cant be charged two timeouts in a row so I dont know if I could even challenge it even if I had another to use. It was just cheesing on his part because he knew it. People dont use the hurry up for the reasons it was meant for, they use it to exploit the game's weaknesses and not the user. Only a few teams can use it effectively when trying to tire the Defense and this game doesnt depict that. There should be way more fatigue on offense after a hurry up and make a difference in the gameplay. I like the game but I hate when people use the game's flaws to their advantage. Thats not skills.
Old 10-19-2004, 09:44 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 15

i had the same thing happen to me today and i couldnt challenge a call either. it was also someone using the chiefs and he did a hurry up right after a questionable call and i couldnt challenge or pause. didnt try to call a timeout though

edit: i had 3 timeouts it was at the beginning of the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »