Home

Guys i am trying hard to love this game but...

This is a discussion on Guys i am trying hard to love this game but... within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2004, 12:28 AM   #9
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Guys i am trying hard to love this game but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noam325
dude the cpu dbs are dum and faulty as hell. like you said a pass is thrown to the right of them yet they wiill put thier left hand up and go towards the opppsite way of the ball and im like" where are u going. balls that away!!!". ive seen this many times on the highest difficulty very frequently. go straight to ur replays and ull see it for urself when ther is a pass for like 20 yards so or when there is a big pass play ull see that its some faulty dbs and the way they try to defend the pass. ands it so easy to sack in the game, choose ur de and sppeed burst ur way around the tackle and rack urself some saks. when i saw this crap in the first week i had the game i gave it right back.
performance EQ takes most of that away.. Trust me.. along with the new roster update it makes the game play way better
Old 10-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'm really bewildered by the continueing complaints with play in the defensive secondary. Yes, the corners can be easily caught out of position if the ball is thrown as the defender is turning up field after backpeddling. By using the presnap defensive adjustments and the defensive matchups menus this problem can be easily overcome.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adriano
performance EQ takes most of that away.. Trust me.. along with the new roster update it makes the game play way better
but puuting eq make all teams the same basically and i hate that. but really theses are the only 2 things that stop me from playing the game are dbs and de raking up saks. i have a good feeling that 2k6 will not have this problem bec ive read many posts dealing with the same problem and hofully making sega aware of theses issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2004, 10:28 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noam325
but puuting eq make all teams the same basically
No it dosent.

Put all your sliders at 0, turn performance eq on, and turn the interception slider to 40 and see if that makes a difference. Don't post any comments concerning that method until you try it though.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:27 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garasaki
No it dosent.

Put all your sliders at 0, turn performance eq on, and turn the interception slider to 40 and see if that makes a difference. Don't post any comments concerning that method until you try it though.
All to zero . even the cpu .
Old 10-06-2004, 04:14 PM   #14
Rookie

I played the game earlier when it first came out and the DB AI was a joke and I returned it. Then when I heard about the whole EQ thing I rebought the game and it changed the game for me. I still kinda prefer Madden but ESPN plays a very good realistic game with the EQ on. Most of the bad DB play is gone or minimal. There is an occasional misplay but that is realistic to me.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:53 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3
Huh

I don't understand what you guys are talking about.

Take control of the DB, by know you should have figured out how much pressure on the joystick makes the DB move n certain directions.

My DB play is nice, and I make alot of interceptions, and pds. I love the way guys try to thow over the middle all the time, what idiots.

You have to get the timing down, and learn how to play ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSB215
I played the game earlier when it first came out and the DB AI was a joke and I returned it. Then when I heard about the whole EQ thing I rebought the game and it changed the game for me. I still kinda prefer Madden but ESPN plays a very good realistic game with the EQ on. Most of the bad DB play is gone or minimal. There is an occasional misplay but that is realistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondo
All to zero . even the cpu .
I tried it............results:
Didn't seem to be any better to me...I won 48-7. It seems like it dulls the CPU even more. Also I noticed that a DE can catch a WR who now all appear to be the same speed. There's got to be a better way. There's also a reason they made the performance EQ on or off. I am not impressed with this though i will try it a few more times. But you can't leave the fatigue that low. Players come out after a 9 yard run or a 15 yard catch...Not to mention after 2 no huddles your entire team is wasted...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »