Home

frustrated madden player willing to give ESPN a try

This is a discussion on frustrated madden player willing to give ESPN a try within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2004, 02:44 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: frustrated madden player willing to give ESPN a try

i was a diehard madden fan, diehard ea fan for that matter, didn't think i would like espn nfl at all, but bought it because of the price, then shortly after realized they put so much more into making an enjoyable game, not because of the franchise options or anything like that, just the play to play, joy you get from being a part of a single game. not to mention the user card that you get where you have so many goals to try and reach, i can't believe how much i enjoy this game and for the first time in abou five years i have hardly touched the ncaa (EA) game this year because of my love for this (realize i didn't like it at first because of the having to push the speed burst repeadily rather than holding it, and every other difference than madden), but eventually i got the hand of it and i will be first in line for this game next year (not to mention i bought the hockey this year and love it too).
Old 10-11-2004, 06:26 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckie16
Overall though ESPN is a more realistic sim. Unfortunetly like most Sega sports games the players just don't control as well as EA's IMO.
You may just think that because your coming from Madden to ESPN. ESPN is a different game, and if you don't want to get used to the controls, then this isn't the game you want. (I'm not refering to you on this) Trust me, the Madden controls felt messed sloppy to me this year after being used to ESPN's controls and then playing Madden and having to use "B" for turbo on defense.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #11
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

I was a hardcore Madden gamer for years until this year with ESPN NFL 2K5. I decided to really focus on playing the game for an extended period of time to learn the subtle nuances of it. The gameplay takes time to get used to if you're used to playing EA's games, but eventually you'll begin to appreciate it for what it brings to the table. There are some things it can improve upon, but overall I feel it's the more complete game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2004, 10:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2
Angry Re: frustrated madden player willing to give ESPN a try

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
Lets say we convince you, and you change to an ESPN convert...You begin to really like the game, and get used to its quirks. That would mean that for the last 2 months you've been giving your customers piss poor, uninformed opinions based on an old bias, and apparently blind favoritism. Thats a shame. When I managed an EB, I played EVERY sports title thoroughly, whether I liked it initially or not...just so I could really give detailed pros and cons for both. You know why? Because like any game, you will OF COURSE get used to the swivel effect, just like you've gotten used to pinball physics in Maddens run game. It takes time to see past a titles flaws, and it sounds like it's taken you WAAAY too long to give 2K5 that time.

Your customers shouldn't have to wait for you to be "convinced" on a website to get the real dirt on their purchases. I'll just bet you've been shoving Madden down peoples throats for WEEKS now. Now that you see how flawed it is, are you going to accept returns on it?

BTW, no offense.
O.K. First of all I WILL take offense to your comment because you don't know me so therefore you cannot stereotype what kind of manager that I am. An opinion is an opinion, If I am as narrow minded as you are trying to claim that I am, then I wouldn't of even started this post. Your opinion on which game is better is just that, YOUR OPINION. Now being in retail, especially in selling video games, you have to be as objective as possible, so therefore I try not to dog either game for the reason that I see both sides of the arguments. I read the ESPN 2k5 websites, just to see what people say is good and bad about it. And the same goes with madden. I also get them both from the first day they come out. WHY would I shove madden down someone's throat, according to U it's already half way down there from last year. You ESPN junkies are just as subborn as the Madden junkies. I don't try to switch over ESPN people to madden, just like I don't try to switch people over to ESPN. Actually this year, because of the price, I tell them to get both and judge for yourself. Neither game is waaaay better than the other. It's like voting. for the most part, Democrats will vote for Kerry and republicans will vote for Bush. Then you have the swing voters who wil vote for who they feel is the best canidates based on their needs.
Old 10-11-2004, 10:51 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

No offense to anyone but any consumer who goes by an EB or Gamestop managers recommendation on what to buy must themselves be quite ********.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »