Home

Position changes & subs

This is a discussion on Position changes & subs within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Position changes & subs

Is there a way to change positions or sub positions different from whats on the depth chart? For example: If I wanted to move a TE to FB or a S to CB. How can I do this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2004, 09:18 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Position changes & subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Is there a way to change positions or sub positions different from whats on the depth chart? For example: If I wanted to move a TE to FB or a S to CB. How can I do this?

Well, the best advice (short of using Finn's Roster Editor) is to create a custom playbook, and insert those guys into the positions you want them from within your custom playbook.

DO NOT use the in-game substitution screen! It is broken/bugged this year, and could permanently change a players position, thus screwing up your depth chart, and possibly franchise (since there is no way to reverse it).
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Old 10-11-2004, 09:23 AM   #3
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
Well, the best advice (short of using Finn's Roster Editor) is to create a custom playbook, and insert those guys into the positions you want them from within your custom playbook.

DO NOT use the in-game substitution screen! It is broken/bugged this year, and could permanently change a players position, thus screwing up your depth chart, and possibly franchise (since there is no way to reverse it).
So, create a playbook and use the depth chart on menu screen for subs?
Old 10-11-2004, 11:03 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
So, create a playbook and use the depth chart on menu screen for subs?

create a playbook, and then go to manage playbook. You can substitute from within that.
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a ttoal jmulbe and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah, I just got the game and tried this, and when I went back in to edit my playbook it (as the Bills), the players were not the Bills players but the 49ers players, and I could find no way to switch what teams players I was moving around. Is this a known bug of some sort and does anyone have a suggestion for a solution?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2006, 10:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

how bout w/ finns editor?
how can i change the position?
i tried but cudnt figure it out
Old 05-03-2006, 02:07 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

I just create a player, or edit a FA scrub at the postion I want, then use the editor to assign the player name, etc.

For example I moved Robert Thomas ILB to OLB like this... and of course the Packers just cut him! LOL. Mainly, I seem to have to move guys around from Free to Strong safety or vis versa.

If someone has a better way, I'd be happy to learn it.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #8
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by actual29
how bout w/ finns editor?
how can i change the position?
i tried but cudnt figure it out
Double click on a player to bring up the player editor. Select a new position from the position drop down. Click OK. Save the file. Depth chart adjustments need to be done in game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »