Home

Your 5 best and worst in ESPN

This is a discussion on Your 5 best and worst in ESPN within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2004, 03:44 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Your 5 best and worst in ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa55
Best:
1. Graphics
2. Presentation
3. Gameplay
4. There isn't an unstopable CPU comeback at the end of the game
5. With sliders you can make it very challenging

Worst:
1. Can't change positions
2. Too many interceptions especially by DL
3. Kickers kick it out of the endzone on kickoffs
4. Ratings need adjusted for all players.
5. Not enough LB tackles.

Luckily these were all fixed using Flyin Finn's editor

These five haven't been.

1. Need better playbooks.
Most teams play a one back offense but you rarely see it in this game. Alot of teams never use a fullback but they are almost always used in this game. There are too many jocker and jacks formations being used on 2nd and six.

2. It is difficult to make gains on screen plays or passes to the flats.

3. Need better DB and WR AI. The DB should cover the WR not just sit 5 yards off and the DB should bite on play fakes.

4. More realistic defensive playbooks. The Patriots play the DBs up on the receivers but they have alot of plays where they just play deep thirds.

5. Too many litlle glitches. They just need to polish things up more so than create something new.
Hard to add to this list. So I will add just three concerning online play.

1. Give us INDEPENDENT pause screens.

2. I do not like hearing the interface sound effects of the other player who has paused the game. It's so annoying!!

3. As said already... Give us the ability to save our depth chart changes and audibles online so that we can cut down on the pre kickoff adjustments.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:49 AM   #10
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by queens211
Agreed....with everything you said. I think it's safe to say that VC will fix and spend a lot of time on franchise since it has received so many complaints. The other main issues for me is the player movements. Some of the animations and transitions are excellent. And the others are awful. Jerky db and lb movements. Jerky o-line and d-line movements. They all need to be smoothed over. If VC would spend the majority of their time and effort in those areas and not worry about crib mode or celebrity phone calls, than they will truly be the new kings of console football.
ratings need a overhaul.. they need to look at the top backs in the game...balance them.. also strength and whatnot is supposed to be player specific.. they arent... cause if they were.. some rbs would have high pass blocking and run blocking attributes.. the highest is like 50s...

they just arent accurate. some wrs who are 160 lbs are stronger than TO and the bigger recievers...

i used the editor and it made the game play better.. I said something similiar in another thread.. But ratings blow.. for instance Brian Westbrooke is a agile back.. Correll Buckholter is a north and south power runner.. they made westbrook Strength huge, buckhalters low.. they are reverse..

they just throw some players together.. people still complain over eddie george, its like Vc doesnt even understand their attributes, Strength and stamina make a Rb vicious... stamina lets him do his charges over and over... strength increases the break tackle of a shoulder charge... So eddie 77 break tackle is like a 99...thats why some FBs are awesome.. some had a break tackle of 50 but strength 70 and stamina 99,.. so they play over their rating...

Cbs should have stamina over 70 or higher.. ever seen a fat CB??? didnt think so... they get tired way too fast,.. when they get tired,.. they play shi ttier...no player in the game should be rated lower than a 60.. to many really crappy players..
Old 10-19-2004, 06:02 PM   #11
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

love
-the graphics
-the running game, but it still needs a lot of improvement
-the qb throwing animations
-the tackle animations with the exception of like one
-the right analog stick while running, but again it still could be a lot better

hate
-that u cant do any flat routes to the rbs or tes cuz they never work
-the stadiums r all pretty bad with the exception of a few
-accesseries and equipment r aweful compared to madden, need much more
-players on d run terrible, need a new run animation
-they need more hard hits, more high impact hits

-i wish they added a hitstick like in madden, i kno its copyin madden but they need it
-sounds effects need to be completely redone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 06:32 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronbron
name 5 things you love about ESPN and 5 things you hate OR wish would be added.
Hey bron!

Here are mine:

5 Best

1) Attention to Super Bowl Specific Cut Scenes — NFL2k5 really did a fine job with the extra cut scenes we get before and after the Super Bowl. It still needs to be much, much deeper, with more Super Bowl-type commentary, pans, dissolves and fan cut scenes. How about a cut scene of a celebrity in the stands supporting their favorite team? Like seeing John Elway at the game, or Joe Montana doing a sideline interview during a timeout? How about a shot of Jack Nicholson in the stands with his signature dark shades!

2) Customized Stadium Music — This one was LONG overdue since the Xbox's introduction. It is nice that it finally became a reality this year. This feature really customizes the game for you and your home team. There is nothing like hearing the theme to 'Conan the Barbarian' echo throughout Mile High Stadium when you just sacked the Raiders QB for a 10 yard loss!

3) Varied Injury Cut Scenes — I absolutely LOVE the fact that we get treated with unique cut scenes of a player trying to get up from an injury! Sega did a GREAT job with letting us hear the different comments as the player is making his way to the sideline.

4) Defensive Pre-Snap Adjustments — This one is VERY useful and makes playing defense more intense and interesting.

5) City-Specific Intro Cut Scenes at the Beginning of Every Game — Two words for you NFL2kers - NEW and YORK. If you have not seen it yet, there is an amazing introduction to the game whenever you play the NY Giants.

OK, now here is the bad:

5 Worst

1) STILL No FREAKING PLAYOFF ATMOSPHERE — Six LOOOOONG years NFL2kers. It has been six long years that this game has been produced. And for all six of those years a Playoff Game still looks, sounds, plays and feels like a meaningless regular season game. I am about to give up the fight on this one all together because Sega has no ears or will to give us this aspect of NFL Football.

2) Awful Menu Navigation and Game Saves — It is amazing to me how this area seems to get worse and worse with each version. There is still ZERO reason to have to save 5 different files to save and continue your Franchise.

3) No Post-Play Skirmishes — Like it or not, the game of professional football is an emotional experience. Every once in a while, players get carried away with a little extra curricular activity and they have to be separated by the refs. NFL2k5 does not reflect this reality.

4) Lack of OTFPC (Aim-N-Shoot) Play Calling — I have accepted the fact that we will probably never see it again, but I can still complain about it in this post! Sega? Why not just implement BOTH and let US choose which method we want to use?

5) WHAT?!? No Vince Lombardi Trophy?!? — I cannot believe that the one visual goal we play roughly two months for in order to achieve, is the one thing that Sega took away from us. I would like to take that gay necklace in my trophy room and stick it in a Developer's _ _ _ _! What the hell were they thinking?!?

The thing that really sucks is that most all of the negatives with this game did not need to be 'fixed' but rather they should have just STAYED in the game from previous versions and then REFINED. I have a feeling that NFL2k is about as maxed out as it is going to get on our Xbox. I hope we don't have the same first 2 years of development inadequacy with Xbox Next and NFL2k7 and NFL2k8 like we did with NFL2k2 on Xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »