Home

Custom playbook bug

This is a discussion on Custom playbook bug within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Custom playbook bug

I’ve been able to replicate that bug in the custom playbooks that causes the D to blitz all 11 players. It has something to do with the User O calling an audible, at which point the D goes into their “magic shift” (not knowing what play you’ve called, but shifting around nonetheless because they’ve apparently “guessed” what you’re now doing). I’ve been experimenting with the Ace Trips formation, and often – every second or third play – when I audible from a run into a pass, the D will shift around, and then all blitz at the snap of the ball.

I’ll be checking other formations to see if this happens with them as well. But what’s interesting is that the Empty Ace Trips formation is one of the formations that has the “QB runs for 5-10 yards, every time, all afternoon” bug. So maybe these problems are only with specific formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2004, 12:52 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Custom playbook bug

It appears there are two bugs, or the same bug doing two different things – take your pick. With a 34 D, all 11 guys will rush. When the D is in 43, 8 guys rush, leaving the MLB, FS and SS to cover the pass. I’ve been able to manufacture all this (yes, I manufacture bugs… a bug builder, if you will) in several different formations, although it seems to happen most frequently in Ace Trips.

It sometimes takes changing audibles two, even three times. Suddenly, the D shifts back into what appears to be a basic cover formation (although not always). The guys who looked like they might be blitzing, will move pull away from the LoS. But then they all blitz anyway when the ball’s snapped.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have seen this bug online, the offense controls the shift somehow during audibles and hotroutes, only way to fix is to call a timeout.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:32 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_essence
I have seen this bug online, the offense controls the shift somehow during audibles and hotroutes, only way to fix is to call a timeout.
It was in 2K4 as well. Does VC or whoever read these boards? Someone should tell them about this so they fix it. Now that I know how it works, I can line my O up, audible a couple of times, and make the D blitz everybody, once every three plays or so. That's... not so good.

Last edited by baa7; 10-14-2004 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-14-2004, 02:52 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

it seems to only happen when the Defense is doing their shift the same time as the audibles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2004, 08:20 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_essence
it seems to only happen when the Defense is doing their shift the same time as the audibles
I don’t know if you’re referring to online play. But in CPU-User games, the moment the User calls an audible, the CPU shifts/adjusts – like they know what play is being called or something. I ran maybe 60-70 plays this afternoon, and was able to get the D to rush all their guys 20-25 times. I’m actually beginning to be able to spot when they’re about to all rush me, just by the way they shift/adjust and line themselves up.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
But in CPU-User games, the moment the User calls an audible, the CPU shifts/adjusts – like they know what play is being called.
I cant tell you how annoying that is!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 11:32 AM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23jp
I cant tell you how annoying that is!!!!
Yeah, it gets me pretty upset at times as well. Bad, lazy and cheesie game programming. But actually, this blitz bug thing is a bit of a work-around! Just audible two, three times, and eventually the D will shift into their “All Blitz!” formation. The moment they rush, you'll have 5 receivers uncovered. Take your pick who you want to throw the guaranteed TD pass to…

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »