Home

buy or not buy that is the question

This is a discussion on buy or not buy that is the question within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: buy or not buy that is the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by direct18
emoticon fixation what the heck is that

so i have rented the game for 7 dollars at the local blockbuster whata rip off i play not even one game and i said my friend was right this game does suck now i am even more depressed because i have just wasted my parents seven dollars i will just wait till christmas to get def jam 2, smackdown vs raw, espn college hoops 2k5, and tiger woods pga tour 2005. i already have espn nba 2k5 so ok bye.
Dude ESPN doesn't play just like Madden. Anybody here on these boards or any message board will tell you that. People who have reviewed both games will tell you that. You have to be patient enough to learn how to play ESPN the right way. The things you get away with in Madden aren't the same things you'll get away with in ESPN. In ESPN you have to play to your strenghts and cover up your weaknesses. The passing game is based more on timing and not 30 yard dropbacks and chucking it. You have to stand in the pocket (as much as possible) and read the defenses. You have to mix your plays up because there really aren't any money plays in ESPN. On defense you also have to wait til the offense calls its plays so you can have the right amount of DBs on the field on any given play.

You have to play at least 10 or 12 games of ESPN before you can give up on it. Don't expect because you think you're the KING of Madden that you can come into ESPN's house and dominate. Only real players play ESPN.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

i didnt say i was the king of madden andd i just dont like espn i can have an opinion
Old 10-16-2004, 07:58 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Give ESPN time. I didn'tlike 2k4 at first, but after my cousin came into town and i got to play it for a weekend, i started to really appreciate the fact that it's different than
Madden, and i'm a Madden lifer.

I should say WAS a Madden lifer because i play ESPN more than Madden this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
i didnt say i was the king of madden andd i just dont like espn i can have an opinion
And such an intelligent, well-spoken opinion it is…

You people are trying to reason with a 9 year old. Here’s direct18’s post on the ESPN site, same topic:

"espn should just stick to basketball because thats where its all good madden just has espn nfl 2k5 beat forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever foforever forever forever forever forever forever rever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever foreveforever forever forever forever forever forever r forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forforever forever forever forever forever forever ever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever get the point"

Direct18, you may go to your room now and play your wrestling game.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:59 PM   #13
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
emoticon fixation what the heck is that

so i have rented the game for 7 dollars at the local blockbuster whata rip off i play not even one game and i said my friend was right this game does suck now i am even more depressed because i have just wasted my parents seven dollars i will just wait till christmas to get def jam 2, smackdown vs raw, espn college hoops 2k5, and tiger woods pga tour 2005. i already have espn nba 2k5 so ok bye.

Goodbye... Parents really should monitor their kids internet usage.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:59 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

lol
Old 10-17-2004, 02:49 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
And such an intelligent, well-spoken opinion it is…

You people are trying to reason with a 9 year old. Here’s direct18’s post on the ESPN site, same topic:

"espn should just stick to basketball because thats where its all good madden just has espn nfl 2k5 beat forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever foforever forever forever forever forever forever rever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever foreveforever forever forever forever forever forever r forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forforever forever forever forever forever forever ever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever forever get the point"

Direct18, you may go to your room now and play your wrestling game.
I don't even go to ESPN's forums anymore. Its just way too hard to get a message to post on there anymore. I can't waste my day seeing a message tell me "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while" when I haven't made a post before that one yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2004, 05:57 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgeist
I don't even go to ESPN's forums anymore. Its just way too hard to get a message to post on there anymore. I can't waste my day seeing a message tell me "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while" when I haven't made a post before that one yet.
That's a hangover from the recent problems and affects certain people, depending on when they posted last. Check the date of your last post - probably says Oct 20 or something. Supposed to be cleared up by Oct 21.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »