Home

ESPN NFL 2K6: What Will Make It Perfect

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K6: What Will Make It Perfect within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2004, 05:33 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ESPN NFL 2K6: What Will Make It Perfect

i didn't read anyone elses so if i double post, sorry.

this primarily goes with online play.

- the ability to catch a ball in triple coverage. once is fine, two is even okay, but 75% of the time and up? no. i also say if someone keeps doing this repeatly, there should be some type of auto AI that makes the receiver not be able to catch under any circumstances and defenders ALWAYS intercept. people will stop.

- not being able to onside all the time. again. it's ok to onside to fool people. but doing it every kick off is a no no. again, set the ai to make the entire team untackleable.

- don't let defenders be able to run to the back of the endzone then all the way back down to teh kicker to block an extra point/fg. again. if it is blocked make the players untackleable.

- make the running more fluid, in particular cutbacks. if i'm running to the right and i see a whole and push the controller in that direction he should be able to switch direction on a dime. (just like the nfl) and hit the hole. make the player slip or possibly get an injury every now and then if you want to keep it real.

- make the blocking better. fb's, te's and wr's should hit the first person they see. not run pass defenders and hit people who aren't even a part of the play.
Old 10-18-2004, 05:35 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish
I think they should get rid of the "power up" button...and they should not make the "forearm" move so strong.
the stff arm is fine. what's wrong with it is the animation, it shouldn't be that long, it allows people to ctahc up and tackle from behind.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

make special teams play more of apart in each game.i want to see poor punts by the cpu, i want great returners to be more of a threat.i want penalties sliders to really work.and i want to be able to draw the cpu to jump offsides
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2004, 10:18 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopie
i want to see poor punts by the cpu, i want great returners to be more of a threat
Poor punts: lower Kick Accuracy to 29 or so - heh-heh, it works! Great returns: haven't found a solution, but what I'll go do right now is lower the coverage team's speed to 0 and the returner's speed to 99 and see if that works. I doubt it, because the kick returns are pretty scripted this year, but you never know.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:36 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Great returns: haven't found a solution, but what I'll go do right now is lower the coverage team's speed to 0 and the returner's speed to 99 and see if that works. I doubt it, because the kick returns are pretty scripted this year, but you never know.
It worked! I raised the CPU return guy’s Agility as well to 99… and he broke it for a TD on his fifth kickoff return. In three months I’ve never had anyone get past the 40 or so. So there’s one fix. And don’t anybody say “That’s not a fix!” It’s a fix – it works. Sure it makes the rest of the game unplayable, but I definitely fixed the kickoff problem. Any other issues out there that need creative but useless solutions?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:57 AM   #14
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12

Most of you have good points about what should be addressed in the game next year. Personally, I would like to see more options for personalizing the online game. Using custom rosters (based on the online roster) while playing on the internet is one thing I'd really like to see. It bugs me to keep having to edit my line-up each time I play because I want to switch backs or receivers. Having a way to check your stats without creating a game is another biggie. All in all, the game rocks, though. Go Steelers!!
Old 10-18-2004, 11:05 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

All the things everyone else has said already. In addition to those comments however I would like to see the following:

- Better player movement/transitions: In some instances the transitions and movements look great and in others they are terrible. When defenders back peddle they need to strafe more. Also, before the snap, if the defense is adjusting their formation, the movements are just yuck. They move fast, than slow, they strafe, then they do these weird twisting motions. If VC would get rid of the one legged or two legged twisting twirls and go to footplants for a change of direction than it would be perfect. This is one area that pissed me off about the game. Jeff Thomas gave a hands on interview about new change in direction animations before 2k5 was released but they only happen with the right analog stick. The computer controlled players never do those motions.

- Franchise mode: Alot of things have been already covered here but VC also needs to allow us to be able to edit players in franchise mode. Not just numbers but everything from their equiptment to their position.

- Player equiptment: There needs to be some more variations in helmets and facemasks. Also, some different looking cleats would be a nice touch as well. Many players wear half sleeves now. Half sleeves in white, black, and team colors would be great. TAPED CLEATS SHOULD BE OFFERED IN BLACK AND WHITE TAPE.

- Uniforms: I think they look good. BUT THEY NEED TO BECOME PROGRESSIVLEY DIRTY DURING A GAME. Call one of the former NFL FEVER programmers and get some insight on how to do this. FEVER did it the best, imo.

- Graphics resolution: After each play, the players and surrounding environment loses all of its detail for about two seconds. Can this be addressed? If so it should because its a minor hiccup in the overall beauty of the graphics.

- Game speed: How about a game speed slider like they have in NHL 2k5? I've always thought that a gameplay speed between slow and normal speed would be perfect.

- Computer AI: I know this has already been mentioned but I thought I would reinforce the motion. The AI needs to be better for all positions not just the DB's. The O-line needs better AI as do the LB's and D-line.

So in summary....smarter AI, more choices in franshise and player equiptment, tweaked graphics and a game speed slider would make ESPN NFL 2K6 the undisputed champ, imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2004, 11:35 AM   #16
Rookie

PPPPLLLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE give us in game saves. Not everyone can set aside an hour at a time to complete a game!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »