Home

ESPN NFL 2K6: What Will Make It Perfect

This is a discussion on ESPN NFL 2K6: What Will Make It Perfect within the ESPN NFL 2K5 Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2004, 09:52 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: ESPN NFL 2K6: What Will Make It Perfect

they didn't make the game off a 20 dollar budget
the 20 dollar price was implemented to grab more share of the market
This game would be 50 bucks if it wasn't for take2.

Even if it was built off a 20 dollar budget, I wouldn't use that as an excuse for anything. Because something's cheap doesn't mean it has to be garbage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2004, 12:34 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_essence
they didn't make the game off a 20 dollar budget
the 20 dollar price was implemented to grab more share of the market
This game would be 50 bucks if it wasn't for take2.

Even if it was built off a 20 dollar budget, I wouldn't use that as an excuse for anything. Because something's cheap doesn't mean it has to be garbage.
Well i know i wouldnt pay $50 for 2k5. especially if i didnt have XBL.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:56 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by azn_essence
Thank you all for helping VC make an offensive piece of ****
no one even MENTION defense besides "fix qb spy" or "fix dt glitch"
cover 3 is nothing but garbage, corners run straight up north without even looking at the QB
Zones arent even correct, in cover 2/3, the diagram shows the LB dropping back 5 yards when they should be dropping back 10-15
Blitzers take L shaped angles. Running DOWN and then making a 90 degree angle LEFT, WTF?
Defensive lineman standup before even running, you see blitzing linebackers hitting the tackle before someone like jevon kearse even STANDS UP
Tackling is garbage, first tackle is always broken when charged up with someone like troy hambrick.
Charge system is arcade doodoo no matter how u defend it. Who charges in real life and run a 4.2 for 5 seconds?
No playbook upgrade for defense since 2k1??NO qb spy, very few zone blitzes, no defensive fronts, around 6 basic formation.
Defensive players are stiff ZOMBIES before the snap, add that to the same formations, defense is generic and plays the same for every team.
Ratings are screwed. If they are implementing the game like this yr, at least make the damn ratings right. Basicly anyone with a accuracy above 60 throws perfect.
Break tackle must be in the 40s or else they truck anyone by charging up. I have seen tom brady stiff arm Ray lewis...
I have also seen Ray make 20 tackles in 10 games total...

The whole game is too much rocks, paper, scissors. You shouldn't have to call one EXACT play to counter another. IF an offense ran the same play 5 times in a game, Defensive individuals adapt, read the play, and stop it without having the need to call a certain coverage.
This isnt even mentioning db play
aside from defending cheesing, i have no problem with defense. i always shut down teams and haven't allowed more than 20 points my last 10 games or so online. defense is fine if you know how to play it.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:33 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

Same here, also NFL 2k1 didn't have the 3-3 defense so there has been upgrades to the defensive playbooks.
Old 10-19-2004, 03:11 AM   #29
MVP

adriano's Arena

OVR: 8

damn better player ratings
lots of the complaints about 2k4 Qb's could have been fixed with by one thing. Increasing the Qbs secure ball rating.. this year that rating mean nothing.. all 2k4 needed was a rating change...so they took those complaints and addresed them by letting 2k5 Qbs have break away speed and not fumbling..Once a Qb is running he wont fumble..( two player modes) =o( so basically their secure ball rating means nothing...

the shoulder charge thing is quite simple..some RBs strengths and stamina are too high.. Thats why FBs with really low break tackles ratings can still charge u over and over some of their strength ratings are ridiculous.. along with their stamina.. most good FBs are 99 stamina.. eddie george is rated a 80 but he plays like a 99.. strength 67 stamina 95!!!!!

now ratings wont effecnt DT glitches and what not.. I am sure that they will be fixed... but player ratings need a major overhaul from top to bottom.. i mean throw out all the ones from previous years and start from scratch..

why make a great engine with great graphics and really wierd player attributes.. i mean dallas had a wr who was 160 lbs and was a 67 strength.. he was stronger than most wrs in the league... Zuriel smith

Last edited by adriano; 10-19-2004 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:19 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

another thing, make ti so that if playing online and teams try to run the score up (which pisses me off more than cheesing) make it so they fumble. or at least only give them the option to down the ball. (when the opposing team has no time outs.)
Old 10-19-2004, 01:06 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

if it's possible, online replay saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2004, 08:05 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by klindoug
1.)
2.) Put in random false start penalties with a slider. Also, have more penalties called when sliders are maxed.
My DT always false starts for some reason....
The have to fix when the qb scrambles.... there is always a Def. Holding call
Also the Pump Fake Works well
That with all the other things you guys said, would make the perfect video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K > ESPN NFL 2K5 Football »